Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Mines been in once to fix this problem but weeks later it's worse than ever

Could you send me the document please 427scr.

Does the process 100% sort the problem out ?

TIA,
Mike.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
mikeyw said:
Does the process 100% sort the problem out ?

QUOTE]

Sorted mine!:cool:

I need your email address to send the document. Please PM me and I will send it straight back to you.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Guys,

It wouldappear 427 is not around at the moment - could someone else please mail me the doc - '[email protected]'

Car going in on Thurs to get this fix applied - assuming I get the doc by then !!

TIA,
Mike.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
just a bit miffed!!!

mikeyw said:
Guys,

It wouldappear 427 is not around at the moment - could someone else please mail me the doc - '[email protected]'

Car going in on Thurs to get this fix applied - assuming I get the doc by then !!

TIA,
Mike.
Hold on a god damn minute..............:mad: :mad: :mad:

I am providing this document out of the kindness of my heart and with the hope that I can be of help to like minded Alfa drivers.:p

I have been away for a litte while and I am not sad enough to log on to this web site on my holiday.:cool:

if you are going to come this attitude with me, I will withdraw my offer of help from all Alfa drivers worldwide! And it will be your fault mate!!

Chill out! You can't DEMAND action from forums like this. I have a business to run and a life to lead. My car is not my life.:tut:

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Chill out yourself mate - I was simply asking if someone could send me the document, no criticism of your good self.

The reason I needed it sooner rather that later is that the car is booked in on Thursday and I said I should be able to produce it for the dealer.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I think you should re-read my post 427. What part has caused you offence ?

I simply said I thought you were not around (no big deal as you said you were doing other things) and asked if someone else could send it instead. The part about getting the doc by then was not aimed at you, it was for other people to show a timescale

I think you've overreacted a bit here mate - there was never any intential criticism of yourself. :tut:

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Well the car has been in and just been returned. The extra bleep was caused by a faulty sensor on the boot so if you get that guys & girls you know what causes it.

They claim they've done what was on the document as well so i'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks to 427 for getting the doc.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Well if you want my hoest opinion - NO !

Still bloody ratles but mainly at low speeds.....I give up... :(

·
Registered
677 Posts
O dear, sounds like it wasn't touched Mike.

To be honest, the job on the sheet 427 posted up would take some time to complete (if done properly and carefully). :(

Is there any signs of an attempt at a fix in and around the bootlid?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Bombarded the rear of my GT with WD40 "Silicon" spray this weekend. Didn't hold out much hope that it'd work, but left it overnight to dry, and the drive to work and back today was completely quiet.

Strikes me there's a lot of plastic in the boot area where other manufacturers would use rubber or even carpet-covered material. Alfa cuts corners with build quality in the boot area IMO :tut:

Give some silcone a go, Mike, in all the areas where there's any movement between materials. Might help :)

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I did some further tests tonight - took the parcel shelf out and no difference. I stood behind the car and started tapping the top of the hatch and it rattled straight away. It was worse on the right side than the left. So the actual tailgate is not settling flush when shut and therefore bounching as it goes over the uneven roads. Alfa are clueless at times !

So it's off backin and this time i'll hold the mechanics hand and show him what the problem is caused by. I'm certain my rattle has nothing to do with the documented fix on this thread and more to do with catch and tailgate allignment :-(

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
mikeyw said:
assuming I get the doc by then !!QUOTE]

This bit...........

Sounded like you were ****ed at me for not reacting to your request with the speed that you wanted.

Punctuation is a powerful thing.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I did mention this before, but did you try removing one or both of the spring-loaded bump stops either side of the catch? These can get noisy.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
427SCR, I see your tailgate saga has made it into this months AROC magazine with pics and all.:D

I'm sure the butcher who carried out the work is cringing in a corner somewhere.

·
Registered
225 Posts
my noise is like a rattling not a squeeking... I have my GT booked in later this month at Lombarda for them to give it a shot. I called alfa UK about it is it is just out of warranty and they are very kindly sending me £150 of vouchers to use toward the work. Hopefully Lombarda will be able to sort it - at least they acknowledge that there is a problem with the tailgate unlike other garages and Alfa UK!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
After lurching around my car, while wife driving, I found out my rattle comes from somewhere between the front seats. Maybe the "gear shift is lose" (or something, a mechanic friend used these words in the same sentence).

Going to garage along with 1. MCSF false alarm, 2. wind noise from window, 3. "weeeeee-o-weeeeee"-sound from back wheels when turning, 4. some lose plastic. 1 year old car... Moments I hate Alfa, but at least it may be true that the boot rattle is solved in the 2007!

41 - 60 of 82 Posts