Alfa Romeo Forum banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hi all.. My turn for a gripe! :p

I picked up my 07 plate Blackline last Friday (25th July). Discovered a rattle from the rear on the Saturday :cry:
Seems there are still plenty of rattles even in newer cars..

427scr - Permission to PM you?
I would like a copy of your (holy grail) worksheet please. Trying not to jump to conclusions - Although it's hard not to assume the worst. (My initial response to the noise "Oh god, my GT's got the notorious 'boot rattle'")

Anything I can check in order to rule out possible causes of the problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Sorry toresurrect an old therad, but can anyone send me a copy of these various 'fixes'

Mine creaks on both sides like a cricket belching . . .

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Not much help but 3 trips to the dealers got our rattle fixed under warranty.

In their defence, they didn't have the part on the 2nd trip. (I can't remember what part it was sorry)
I'm fairly certain most main dealers know what the problem is as there have been so many cars with the rattle, whether they give out that info is another matter :rolleyes:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've owned 3 GTs and you think I should know better! The first 2 had the rear hatch rattle - the latest one [09] appeared not to rattle at first but is now doing it at slower speeds on most roads. It is not as noticeable when making good progress. What has changed? I'd hoped the later cars had benefitted from earlier experiences.
Has anyone got any wisdom to impart - that doesn't involve dismantling the bl**** thing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
09 GT boot rattle

Any chance I could get a copy of the work document emailed to me too from anybody ? ?

I have an 09 GT, with a low speed rattle light tapping and creaking round corners.. its driving me nuts!! I took the whole boot lid apart panels etc, packed it with bubble wrap no help, sprayed silicone spray on hinge and seals no help, thought it might have been the upper brake light took that off still no help..
my car is due its first service so hoping they will look at it then.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had a major problem with my GT, see the link below.:cry:

I don't want to be accused of posting the same thing twice, but I think in this case, it is justified.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/general-alfa-discussion/55703-sunwin-derby-destroyed-my-gt.html

Enclosed is a scan of the definitive fix for the rattling tailgate. The document was found screwed up on the floor of my car when I went to inspect the repair today.:tut:

the scan is only 100k, I can email or fax this document at a higher resolution worldwide. If you want it, please PM me.

Best regards.:cool:
Hello,

Can you send me that document? I have a GT and i'm crazy with that noise...

Tnks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've noticed quite a bad rattle / squeek from the rear of my55 plate GT since I picked it up a few weeks ago.

Yesterday, I figured out it was because the boot latch had worked itself loose from the boot lid.

With the help of a mate, we took off the plastic panel on the boot lid and tightened the latch with a socket and hey presto - rattle / squeek completely gone :)

The boot even makes a nice, satisfying "clunk" sound when I open and close it now. I'll post up a pic later when I get home.

Now, to try and fix the creaking clutch! :(

·
Registered
369 Posts
how many miles should the gt have covered before the rattling starts, or does it happen from new, could any one post a sound clip or movie with sound.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The fix for mine was some grease in the stoppers on the boot lid.
They rattle internally, the grease stops the rattle. Bought my car brand new, started within weeks, the dealer just got some silicone grease i believe and removed the stoppers they just screw out, then filled them up with the grease and put them back. Done. It needs to be done every few months.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
thanks V6Alfisti, love your past cars, which GT better the 2.0 JTS or 1.9 JTD

P.S guys who ever has had this fix put in place does it work? im gonna see if Turin Motors can fix this for me, i've never used them before but i hear they are really good when it comes to fixing alfa's

advice appreciated

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
There were so many different cures, from silicon grease on the rear door rubber to drilling holes above the roof lining, not forgetting the setting of the little sprung plastic stops, which all seemed to work then suddenly the rattle would reappear. The real fault (my opinion) is the very weak rear door hinges, which are not quite the right shape (mine always had the rear door touching the roof when opened) but too weak laterally for the heavy door.
Rear door is correct Alfa-speak for tailgate.
It used to be the Japanese who were totally unable to admit a fault.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Forgot the other rattle, 3 years since my GT went, the retaining clip that holds the rear seats upright, easily broken but cheap to replace, sounds like the "rear door" rattle. Look for it in the 147 parts, it's in my 2005 ePer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Solved my boot noise today! There are 2 metal studs on the lid of my GT with rubber caps on the end, which sit on the base when closed- one was missing but the other was the one which was making the noise. I took the cap off and it seems to have solved it!

61 - 80 of 82 Posts