Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a set.

17". Very good but not perfect condition - didnt pay much for them though :)

Getting them mounted up on Friday with a nice new set of 225 45 Vredestein Ultrac Cento tyres.

The Mrs. is going to kill me, but its worth it :)

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
I just can't see what all the fuss is about with these wheels... :confused:

Maybe, though, if enough folk say they are great, then surely they must be great, right?

Nah. They're basically just another set of fake 2-piece alloys? - nothing much special about them at all. :tired:

Horses for courses 'n' all that...

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just can't see what all the fuss is about with these wheels... :confused:

Maybe, though, if enough folk say they are great, then surely they must be great, right?

Nah. They're basically just another set of fake 2-piece alloys? - nothing much special about them at all. :tired:

Jesus who shat on your parade.

Grumpy old git.

*(I like them because they are very similar to the OE 16" Lusso wheels, which are my favourite OE wheel except for teles). These keep that style, go just a bit bigger and look a whole lot sexier with the bolts.

Have a nice day!:thumbup:

Reactions: Dansolo

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are they alot lighter than the OE versions??

Goose
Its a good question and im not sure.

If I remember ill try and weigh one tomorrow. I did think they were nice and light when unpacking them.

:)

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
I just can't see what all the fuss is about with these wheels...

Nah. They're basically just another set of fake 2-piece alloys? - nothing much special about them at all.

Lighten up! !!

Wait until you see them on. By far the best 916 wheel.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Jesus who shat on your parade.

Grumpy old git.

*(I like them because they are very similar to the OE 16" Lusso wheels, which are my favourite OE wheel except for teles). These keep that style, go just a bit bigger and look a whole lot sexier with the bolts.

Have a nice day!:thumbup:
Aw, stop yer cryin' Euroboi - it's only a bit o' banter!

Those wheels are okay, just nothing special - especially for £400 secondhand... :yikes:

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those wheels are okay, just nothing special - especially for £400 secondhand... :yikes:
I actually think thats rather good value - all depends on what you are used to I suppose...

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Congrats euroboy mate, they will look the Mutz fitted, personally i prefer the Milano's on the 916 and i foolishly sold my last set to an American Alfisti. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a set put on my spider 3.0, not fitted and needed 10mm. spacer because of front brake caliper too big. but at the end it's worth it.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, here in Britainland, you can get a set of brand new wheels for not a lot more than that.
Thats an interesting logic! :jester:

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
..there is no other wheel for that generation of alfa :) Except maybe the zender milano..

Anyhow congrats, they're a really cool wheel on the GTV. They're a bit soft mind, so be careful of the potholes....

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
..there is no other wheel for that generation of alfa :) Except maybe the zender milano..

Anyhow congrats, they're a really cool wheel on the GTV. They're a bit soft mind, so be careful of the potholes....
Good to know, luckily here in NL there arent too many of them.... lots of speed bumps though.

If anyone is only the lookout for tyres at the moment, I got a stonking deal via oponeo.

Vred Ultrac Cento in 225 45 17 - €300 for 4 tyres delivered!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just weighed one.

10.8kgs

Seeing as specific 'light weight' 17" wheels weigh in at around the 7-7.5kg mark, that doesnt seem too shabby at all :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts