Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
oh, you can get replica ones though....can't remember the website though - i'll see if i can dig it up.....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You'r right. I'm on Ebay most weeks and never saw a set for sale. Does anyone have a picture of a black 164 fitted with teledials ( 17" )? Or any picture of a "classic" design as opposed to modern multispoke.
The other alternatine is Siennas, but i know as soon as i buy these the market will be flooded with Milanos!
Anyone know how muvh Siennas are new?

Thanks for the help.

Pile

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'r right. I'm on Ebay most weeks and never saw a set for sale. Does anyone have a picture of a black 164 fitted with teledials ( 17" )? Or any picture of a "classic" design as opposed to modern multispoke.
The other alternatine is Siennas, but i know as soon as i buy these the market will be flooded with Milanos!
Anyone know how muvh Siennas are new?

Thanks for the help.

Pile

·
Registered
518 Posts
I will soon have a set of Zender Milanos for sale, the catch is they come with a 1996 164 Cloverleaf 24v :)

I have to let go of my baby after 5 1/2 fantastic years to get something more economical for work as I am now doing far too many miles. Gonna be an emotional day when I see some lucky person driving it away. Watch this space for details

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
sad day mike :(

You should just LPG the old girl and then she'll be economical and still give you all the smiles you need :D

·
Registered
518 Posts
I thought about it but can't bring myself to LPG it, someone else can have the benefits of it's unleaded soundtrack. The plan is to get some boring diesel car for 6-9 months then when I my earnings are better (all part of my master plan) I will probably get myself either a Maserati 4200 , a BMW M5 or a Jag XKR. The Maser sounds the sweetest....

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Mike your 164 is a beauty, I'd be sad to see her go too.

:(

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hiya Pile, sounds like you might possibly be sorted with Milanos but in case not, I paid £224 a corner for 18" Siena alloys (17"s were £170 each) That was some 3 years ago, but I bought them via Autodelta so probably paid top-whack.

Be warned though, although they looked absolutely gorgeous on my Spider (and look equally eyecatching on the few 164s I've seen wearing them), they were in my opinion a poor investment. Even minor potholes warped the rims, causing the lacquer to crack and corrosion to set in. Yet, due to the polished alloy rim/painted centre construction and non-removable s/s dummy allen key heads, I couldn't find anyone who could effectively refurb them. Had to replace them with the standard 16 inchers when I sold the car. :(

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Mike M said:
I thought about it but can't bring myself to LPG it, someone else can have the benefits of it's unleaded soundtrack. The plan is to get some boring diesel car for 6-9 months then when I my earnings are better (all part of my master plan) I will probably get myself either a Maserati 4200 , a BMW M5 or a Jag XKR. The Maser sounds the sweetest....
Sad news Mike - it's always going to be a hard thing to do - but that's real life sometimes.

Bide your time and I look forward to seing pics of a Maser (surely a Quattroporte :inlove: would seem the natural evolution???)

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Yes, very sad news Mike. Hope it goes to a good home and you stick around the forums even if you don't have a 164, your experience will always be of value.

Pile: Here's a pic you were asking for:
Zender Milanos

And yes I bought them in almost new condition from eBay for > 650 Euros (with OK tyres) and no they are not for sale! :D

J

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
..here's a link to the replicas;

http://www.81x.com/AlfaSZ18/Wheels

..sorry to hear your 'leaf has to go mike. i still have a picture of it on my desktop and passers-by always comment on it..!

as they go for so little, would it not be worth hanging on to it..? maybe park it up and pick up nice tspark for a few hundred quid as the daily driver.. (i used to get 35mpg out of my first tspark on a 140 mile daily run, and i wasn't exactly holding back... ).

anyhow i'd hate to see that leaf up on ebay in 6 months time being broken for parts..!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the SZ link. The £1650 + VAT is slightly off putting.

If it were my 'Leaf i'd sell the wheels off cheap, then put the car into storage...

Sorry.

Pile

W

·
0 Posts
Did the car sell Mike? Noticed the auction had been pulled...damn that's a gorgeous car!

wrinx

W

·
0 Posts
:cheese:..glad to hear it.

Didn't realise it was your car, found it whilst surfing and fell in lust!!!

I was watching the auction so I could carry on eyeing up the Milanos, I want some!!!

wrinx

1 - 20 of 21 Posts