Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally advertised with a start price of £15 and a buy it now price of £30. I spotted them pronto after they went on flea bay and was about to push the "buy it now" button however ended up making a bid instead (the first bid removes the "buy it now" option)

Have a look at the final price - to think I could of had these for £30.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160871922...WAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_975

:eek::cry::eek::cry:

Maybe someone on here got them?

·
Registered
151 Posts
kicking myself now, i'm always on ebay looking at newly listed items for GTV's and saw these not long after they we're listed and just thought, "why!?" (sorry but they're not my cup of tea) and moved on, gutted, i never realised they were worth that much or i would have snapped em up in a heartbeat and moved them on myself!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was the underbidder! :cry: I Was willing to pay 90 pounds for them but just got carried away and then got resentful and pushed up the price out of spite. I couldn't believe what they ultimately sold for. I hope the buyer enjoys them :p

I just wish some bright spark realizes the niche market potential for zender items and starts making reproductions.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Originally advertised with a start price of £15 and a buy it now price of £30. I spotted them pronto after they went on flea bay and was about to push the "buy it now" button however ended up making a bid instead (the first bid removes the "buy it now" option)
I did exactly the same - spotted them with no bids or activity, and wrestled with myself over the buy it now...then went back to them and they were "up" at £36....set myself a £40 limit and left it there.

My eyes nearly popped out when I got the email saying what they'd gone for! Mental! Definitely don't want them for that price!

·
Registered
221 Posts
silly price but then again aint anything for alfas i cant beleive the money people want for secondhand parts

·
Registered
7,685 Posts
'Nearly new' though, and since Zender stopped productiuon in 2004, no longer in production and consequently extremely rare. And as official Alfa Romeo accessories (part number 5901292) even more desirable if you wish to keep your upgrades 'original' and 'factory approved'.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Blimey might have to up the insurance on my spider for the cost of the pedals! :lol:

·
Registered
699 Posts
How is the best version of the 916 Spider going anyway? Good to see yours is still going strong, the V6 12v is as rare as hens teeth:)
She's fine thanks, a little bit rattly as she needs the cam shimmed at the next service, but the combination of the CDA, custom quad system and remap makes a lovely sound.

Yours a leftie import too?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I thought these weren't too bad LINK

Not cheap by any means and they are off the 159 but I'm sure they could be made to fit with a bit of ingenuity and they are new genuine Alfa parts

·
Registered
7,685 Posts
She's fine thanks, a little bit rattly as she needs the cam shimmed at the next service, but the combination of the CDA, custom quad system and remap makes a lovely sound.

Yours a leftie import too?
Yes production date May 1995, purchased and imported into the UK July 1995. I don't think there's many of the pre-April 1996 LHD 916 Alfas left in the UK, certainly not the V6 version anyway! Do you get to see many other V6 12v at shows or meets?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yes production date May 1995, purchased and imported into the UK July 1995. I don't think there's many of the pre-April 1996 LHD 916 Alfas left in the UK, certainly not the V6 version anyway! Do you get to see many other V6 12v at shows or meets?
Hi chaps :)

Sorry to but in, but I must confess to having recently acquired a December 1995 LHD GTV 2.0 V6 TB.

Although the donkey's been sleeved down to 2 litres (for the italian market), it's a 12V - so please can I enjoy your exclusive club? :lol:

She's a 'bona fide import' too, still on greek plates! :D Soon to be UK-registered with DVLA.... :cool:

Cheers, Baggers.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
A similar thing happened to me on ebay on a different item, no other bidders and a buy it now price of £35. When I got back in the price was £125. So for trying to save a fiver, I lost the item when it was only £35 in the first place. I was so:mad: with myself. Now if I see something and want it, I just pay the Buy it now and feel:D that I've got it. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
7,685 Posts
Hi chaps :)

Sorry to but in, but I must confess to having recently acquired a December 1995 LHD GTV 2.0 V6 TB.

Although the donkey's been sleeved down to 2 litres (for the italian market), it's a 12V - so please can I enjoy your exclusive club? :lol:

She's a 'bona fide import' too, still on greek plates! :D Soon to be UK-registered with DVLA.... :cool:

Cheers, Baggers.
Hello baggers do you still want those red dot brake pads? If not I'll offer them to Markymarkspider, or put them up on here. You were sending a cheque..........you really are very naughty:tut::lol:

·
Registered
7,685 Posts
A similar thing happened to me on ebay on a different item, no other bidders and a buy it now price of £35. When I got back in the price was £125. So for trying to save a fiver, I lost the item when it was only £35 in the first place. I was so:mad: with myself. Now if I see something and want it, I just pay the Buy it now and feel:D that I've got it. Lesson learned.
You're going to be extremely lucky to see those again at a buy it now price of £35. Total bargain if you'd purchased - the footrest alone is currently £44 from Gazella. Not that you'd get it after paying for it anyway, people are still waiting for stuff from them after 2/3 months.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hello baggers do you still want those red dot brake pads? If not I'll offer them to Markymarkspider, or put them up on here. You were sending a cheque..........you really are very naughty:tut::lol:
I upgraded the brakes on mine to later spec calipers & pads, as frankly I found the (small)front discs were a bit pathetic. Still went to cross drilled & groovy ones though too. Much better bite now and actually dont bother carrying that anchor I used to chuck out in emergencies ;)

And of course you can join in Baggers! So that's 3 of us in the 12V V6 Leftie club....dont see many of them anywhere, although I dont get around to shows & meets much.

Funny enough it was an advert for a black V6 Spider import back in 1997 that got me hooked on the idea of a V6 and keeping an eye open. When it came up for sale 2 years later I just had to have it and never looked back since.

·
Registered
366 Posts
'Nearly new' though, and since Zender stopped productiuon in 2004, no longer in production and consequently extremely rare. And as official Alfa Romeo accessories (part number 5901292) even more desirable if you wish to keep your upgrades 'original' and 'factory approved'.
Exactly right, Spider.
I bought them - and I hate you Nero! They are the last of the original accessory options that I wanted for my GTV - and the hardest to get at all, never mind in really good nick (and these are in very good nick - almost mint - the rubber studs wear down over 60k or so).
I was working on the day of the auction, so all I could do was stick in a bid as wincingly high as I could bring myself to go (£156) and keep my fingers crossed. And I would have got away with it too if it wasn't for you, pesky Nero.
They are fitted (by my own fair hand), look great (a bit bling but not ripspeedesque ****tery, as Radical likes to say), grip fantastically, and my bella is complete, for the price of two tanks of gas, so yes, I'm happy. £50 less would have been nice, though, Nero. ;)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts