Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... on this gear knob on ebay - looks quite nice. Or is it a con or fake or just crap?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Leather-Carbon-Gear-Knob-Alfa-Romeo-GT-Brera-159-867_W0QQitemZ280265289595QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280265289595&_trkparms=39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A1|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
you will most likely get a knob exactly as the picture shows, it wont fit if you have lift up reverse and it is only a universal one not specific to the alfa so will be held in place by grub screws :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
the aftermarket ones always fit properly as they come with a rande of different size inserts to fit different size shafts and are generaly held in place by 3 grub screws (sometimes less) and are a good secure fit, the only problem is the collar on a lift up reverse alfa rarely fits inside the aftermarket knobs, i had that problem on mine (lift up reverse) so will be replacing mine at some stage when money allows, but for now it does the job

·
Registered
114 Posts
Agreed, looks pretty ropey TBH.

Far better off with one from the likes of Alfisti.net that you know is going to fit. Even the original Alfa 6 speed leather knob may be worth a look, but hey, what's wrong with the existing one anyways? :confused:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Im after an official gear knob for my 147 but i cant find one on ebay anywhere and theirs no second hand ones because everyones hacked theirs of with the saw.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts