Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Chris’ missus is Italian, and AlfaItalia is too... what’s your link to Alfa’s home land? Saying ‘I just like pasta’ is fine, too :)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^ this is what to hear :)
No worries if you don’t want to share on a public forum, but can you tell us something about his background? Again, no stress if you’d rather not.

·
Administrator
45,534 Posts
My car was Italian.

·
Registered
34,381 Posts
My Italian connections are an ex-colleague in Turin and a fellow Lancista and his wife who we met in Turin at an anniversary Raduno weekend for the Gamma coupe 18 years ago and we’ve been in contact since. They live in Rome but have a couple of places in Tuscany. They’ve just been permission to move to the countryside where they’ve got a swimming pool which is medically good for their son who’s recovering from cancer of the femur.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m half Italian but, luckily, half normal. Well, Polish. Got loads of family in southern Italy and a clutch of them up in the north of Italy, too.

Plus, I’ve got a German car with a Spanish name that was designed by... an Italian. So I think I’m doing ok here :)

·
Registered
34,381 Posts
Surrounded by Italian branded stuff like Alessi, Bianchi , Pinarello, Gaggia, Campagnolo, Arteluce, Alfa Romeo etc to the point where my Italian friends say I’m more Italian than them.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Besides driving an Italian thoroughbred most of the manufacturer’s I deal with in work are Italian so I spend a fair bit of time around Verona, Treviso, Venice area during the year. Doesn’t feel like work, I love it.

·
Registered
34,381 Posts
As a designer I looked into working in Italy but was asked by a head of Design in a well known company and he said “you know about the money here?” , rapidly followed by “there isn’t any”. I had a three year foreign placement planned , with money, but made the mistake of telling a colleague by the coffee machine. He pleaded with the boss it should be him and I didn’t go, he did.
Lessons learned..? Yes.

·
Registered
14,778 Posts
An Italian Tornado pilot at RAF Cottesmore once made me a cup of espresso.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
My mum's Italian, originally from a small village close to Trieste in the north east.
She came to England as a child, but is still very much fluent in the mother tongue.

I've had many holidays over there, and particularly enjoy the skiing, both in the Alps and the Italian Milky Way with their first class facilities.

Love the people, the culture, the style, the food - so much to love!

·
Administrator
60,239 Posts
My car is Italian. My 2nd car was Italian bought it new in 1979. I have Italian friends and have been to Italy. That’s all I’ve got.......lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts