Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everyone is getting on their ful consumtion for their GTs?

I'm currently getting ~23mpg when driven hard.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neil166 said:
Is your car the JTS?

Cheers

Neil
Yea, it's the JTS. I averaged 27MPG on the way home from Edinburgh today. Travelling at around 60mph all the way.

I posted this topic like three times!!!... damn uni computers!

What's everyone else getting then?

Rab

·
Registered
378 Posts
Rab88 said:
Yea, it's the JTS. I averaged 27MPG on the way home from Edinburgh today. Travelling at around 60mph all the way.

I posted this topic like three times!!!... damn uni computers!

What's everyone else getting then?

Rab
Wow, thats low! you should have got yourself the v6! I seem to avg about 24mpg, and thats doing a lot of motorway driving at around 80mph.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi
I am getting just 20.5 mpg according to my instruments since i got the car at the end of August 06, but i think i should try and fill up the tank and divide by the milege to see if the counter is correct.

Nino

·
Registered
306 Posts
Interesting to hear other JTS MPGs, had mine 2.5 years now. Starting with about 22 mpg (lowest 20) I checked out fuels, 95 Octs gave 22ish and Shell 98 Oct now V power gave the best with 24-25mpg. This is 10% better, cost is not 10% more. This is local driving. I have got 28-29 mpg on more longer faster journeys, with 33 the best ever. Alfa always said that the JTS was slightly more economical than the 2.0 TS but I find is less, I guess with more power we use it.

·
0 Posts
Zeroed my trip at christmas and it's telling me 27mpg at the moment. This is mostly round town, to and from work and a couple of shortish M1 blasts. Quite thirsty me thinks? But what a sound at 6500 in second!

·
Registered
197 Posts
..dan.. said:
you should have got yourself the v6! I seem to avg about 24mpg....
Hi Dan, what colour's your GT? - I'm a fellow Basingstoke-dweller (well, Chineham) and I'll look out for you. Anyway, 24mpg? 24MPG? I have DREAMS about achieving 24 mpg. Guess I reset the trip computer every week or so and it always settles around the 18mpg average (the majority of that mielage being the A33/M4/A329, Basingstoke/Bracknell commute)

·
Registered
378 Posts
joegals said:
Hi Dan, what colour's your GT? - I'm a fellow Basingstoke-dweller (well, Chineham) and I'll look out for you. Anyway, 24mpg? 24MPG? I have DREAMS about achieving 24 mpg. Guess I reset the trip computer every week or so and it always settles around the 18mpg average (the majority of that mielage being the A33/M4/A329, Basingstoke/Bracknell commute)
Look out for the lipari grey 56 plate! I live in the town centre, so the car isn't used that much at weekends, hence why I get a good MPG!

A lot of my driving is on the m3 to junc 4a, so Im usually cruising in 6th around 80mph.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm glad to hear it isn't just me that's getting these figures on the JTS. From what the computer is suggesting, i'm not getting any better consumtion with higher RON petrol. I've used 95, BP ultimate 97, and tesco 99.

Although, there's definitely a difference in smoothness of the startup and runnning of the car on premium petrol.

I'm thinking i may as well have went for the V6 now. Still, nothing can be as bad as my Supra... i'm averaging 10MPG in that!!

Rab

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Just to keep you petrol people informed of what you are missing, just filled up roughly half tank, 30.86 litres shows 346 miles on trip. About 51 mpg in cold conditions.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
No choice really, might be quicker if I could reach the pedals. The walking stick keeps slipping off the accelerator (decelerator), and I have to use my white stick for the clutch. It doesn't matter that I can't see much out of the GT, I rarely get it above tick-over. Do I have to pass a test at 75, or apply to Help the Aged?

·
Registered
32 Posts
hello all

my BMW 130i M sport is averageing 25mpg and thats half and half city vs motorway driving

sorrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

oh, and i beast it at every opportunity

1 - 15 of 15 Posts