Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Quinn

Votes: 1 14.3%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recent thread made me wonder which AO members would make excellent TG presenters, and if they did who would they replace (this second part is obviously just a means to insult folk).

So.....

·
Registered
13,161 Posts
Where is the poll? :confused:

How many presenters? What sort of character do they require?

For instance, do we need a brusque Clarkson-a-like? Someone grumpy? Does said person need a side kick?

If grumpy is a requirement, I have someone in mind.....

·
Premium Member
77,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is the poll? :confused:

How many presenters? What sort of character do they require?

For instance, do we need a brusque Clarkson-a-like? Someone grumpy? Does said person need a side kick?

If grumpy is a requirement, I have someone in mind.....

You must decide..... :judge:

·
Registered
13,161 Posts
I'm an option!

I don't know if I should vote for myself :banghead: :confused:

Quinn? :surprised: Keith Floyd presenting Vic Reeves material.... :jester: :smash:

·
Registered
11,695 Posts
Wot, no "other" option?? :confused:
Although sif was obviously too modest to nominate himself, I'd like to nominate Elvis Presley as presenter (dressed in white leather jumpsuit and cape, obvs) of a regular feature where each week he coaches a celeb to drive a pallet derived car round the AOTG track. :smokin:

·
Registered
13,161 Posts
Yes I would second that nomination. I like the idea of a pallet as a go kart (created by Steve, obviously) and each week, he sees who can drive fasted down a particular stretch of hill. The start and end points are two of Keithyboys bins.

Oddly, there are currently two people in the running to be presenter, one is Verbout and the other is me :confused:

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I feel honoured to be amongst the list, but fear I would become the new Chris Evans.

I would, however, like to be the "Challenge Setter"

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I would nominate myself as the pot bellied, bald, unfit one who drinks too much beer. But I fear there may be more qualified people on here than myself!!

:wink:>:)

Julian

·
Registered
15,193 Posts
I see Keithy doing road tests and hating absolutely everything, Fred with him doing witty asides to camera about him, and Cue2 trying to do serious content but constantly being undermined. Because I'm into that sort of thing, I'd like to see Pud having a workshop slot tackling tricky jobs on interesting cars.

·
Administrator
46,085 Posts
Alternatively, Fred could be entirely off camera, apart from occasionally popping into view to say "I've been with her" while ferociously waggling his eyebrows.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I think one weekly feature would be "What's bin happening with Kb" - the famous two bins, assorted hand tools and much swearing as he endeavours to fix something oily and covered in grease. Preferably car related but he could do a bit of cooking too.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Can I vote for everyone? Mob handed chaos sort of appeals.

·
Registered
13,161 Posts
I would nominate myself as the pot bellied, bald, unfit one who drinks too much beer. But I fear there may be more qualified people on here than myself!!

:wink:>:)

Julian
Yes, that's why I have been nominated - although I am not balding.

Which would be the more pitiful: zero votes or a single vote for myself? :thinking:
I don't know but at the moment if someone gets two votes, they're in the lead. Have you ever punched someone because you didn't get a steak?

·
Registered
13,161 Posts
I see Keithy doing road tests and hating absolutely everything, Fred with him doing witty asides to camera about him, and Cue2 trying to do serious content but constantly being undermined. Because I'm into that sort of thing, I'd like to see Pud having a workshop slot tackling tricky jobs on interesting cars.
As the man who is the main pillar of the rant room, you were the person I had in mind as the grumpy / angry (but funny) presenter.

I like the Pud nomination too.

I think one weekly feature would be "What's bin happening with Kb" - the famous two bins, assorted hand tools and much swearing as he endeavours to fix something oily and covered in grease. Preferably car related but he could do a bit of cooking too.
See? Also, bins.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,212 Posts
...covered in grease...
could apply equally to cars and food to make for a transition so seamless, we'd never know whether he was stuffing a gearbox or fixing a chicken :)

Chris H is so doing the section about in car entertainment :)

Reactions: 73GTVJim
1 - 20 of 25 Posts