Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
I have just, for comparison with another forum (which only allows 60 minutes in which to edit a post), tried an old post and got this message. Is the message actually telling me I cannot edit a post of 7 days old?
Edit - I have successfully added this sentence, having noticed a missing comma(also added), without getting the message so I suspect there is a time limit but the message does not tell you that.

·
Administrator
86,752 Posts
It was mentioned previously elsewhere that posts older than 7 days couldn't be edited.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Thanks David. I thought I had read it somewhere. However since the message about not being able to edit more than 10 posts in 7 days only came up when I tried the older post I am assuming it comes up because of the attempt to do so and should read something like "You may not edit posts older than 7 days" rather than the present nonsensical version

·
Administrator
2,337 Posts
Here is an explanation of all the moving parts here:

Currently you have 24 hours to edit any post an unlimited number of times. After that, you have 10 edit abilities to edit a post. Once an edit ability is "spent" it will go on it's own 7 day timer, after which point it will reset and you can "spend" the ability once more.

There is a current issue where the system isn't properly "counting" the abilities, and isn't properly working out the reset timer. When this gets resolved your abilities will be set to as above. Until then, edits made after 24 hours may encounter the "you may not edit..." error even without having "spent" all the edit abilities.

-Gerrit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts