Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Very useful are you tempted ?:)

I tend to just rent while I am over find it more cost efective :)

Boats are they not the only thing that depreciates quicker than cars :)

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
haha our company brochure says we do marine finance. all because one of the guys i work with has a boat in majorca and knows a little bit about buying them from his own personal experience :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you know you're on the French Rivera when the chavs are driving Ferrari 355's instead of Corsa's and Saxo's....

That said i totally love the place and am gutted i will not be holidaying there this year

·
Registered
997 Posts
Pardon my ignorance is buying a boat alot different from buying a car?

Obviously the sums involved but the principles cant be thta much different can they?

·
Registered
997 Posts
A diffrent class of chav maybe but still chavs .The less populated areas of the riveria are still nice but some places are plain ugly all the money in the world does not make up for ugly achitecture :)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it more like "owning" an aircraft?

All sorts of archaic laws probably apply too.

Boats aren't my thing really, unless a party & free booze is involved. ;)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A diffrent class of chav maybe but still chavs .The less populated areas of the riveria are still nice but some places are plain ugly all the money in the world does not make up for ugly achitecture :)
absolutly....

We were say in a cafe bar by the marina in Monte Carlo, just past what they call the swimming pool complex on the F1 track, these guys are cruising round in a couple of 355's and to begin with the cars looked
nice.
about 10 mins later they were back....this was repeated about 4 or 5 times and eventually we started laughing at them as the were trying to impress a couple of chavetts who were sat on the side by the marina, everytime they went past they would beep their horns and shout things out to them......

and it was at that point that it made me realise that no amount of money in the world will change them......and their kids one day :rolleyes:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can't compare Monaco to the whole Rivera.
It's a concrete toilet. (Clean, I'll give you, but a toilet just the same.)

People do the cruising thing around Juan Les Pins too, :)rolleyes:)
but they've pedestrianised part of the loop last year.

·
Registered
997 Posts
My dad got into boats when he worked out in dubai but Catamarans actually sailing..... I think am with Nev if there is a party maybe but don't really do much for me

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can't compare Monaco to the whole Rivera.
It's a concrete toilet. (Clean, I'll give you, but a toilet just the same.)
:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

also has the cleanest car parks i have even seen (that are also the dearest as well)

Was planning to do JLP this year, we normally stay in a villa in Draguignan, maybe next year

1 - 13 of 13 Posts