Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I was just looking in the images section of this here forum & in particular the Essex meet's thread. It seemed like they had a really nice location for taking some pictures of the cars etc and I was thinking, we don't really have that with the Church Mouse do we? It's a pub carpark next to a dual carriageway....!

Now, I know that we have it up there so that our compatriates north of Durham can come along & I'm all up for that, but is there not somewhere a little more picturesque we could go? Especially for the summer months as it's light enough to warrant taking pictures!!

Another idea I had, (don't stop me, I'm on a roll..!), is that as we have a pretty big region to cover, it must be what, 120+ miles in length or something, why not variate on a monthly basis between 2 different places? Like, if we want to keep it as it's well established, meet at the Church Mouse 1 month, then somewhere else next month, perhaps somewhere in the Teesside region as we seem to have a lot of members from round here. It may also attract some of the more northerly Yorkshire members too. Somewhere like the Talpore at the Tees Barrage would be good as I could ride my bike down & get smashed up....... ;)

Just a thought anyway, I'd be interested to see what everyone else's opinions are.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a "lets move the meet further south" thread! :(
No way man!

Just, this is quite a long region so I thought it may make sense to have a more northerly meet 1 month & a more southerly meet the other month then rotate it like that. I can't make every meet as it is, but I wouldn't mind going out of my way every other month if it was on my doorstep the next month if that makes sense?

Just thinking, this could be read as a suggestion to divide the region into 2 sets of meets with no/little mixing between them, not what I was on about at all. I'd be more than happy, as I said, to travel further north for any meets that I could make, just not every month ;)

The more Northerly one could quite possibly be further North than the Church Mouse really, Washington/Gateshead way, or somewhere on the coast for example.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Im easy with regards to location of the meet. If im free, i dont mind driving.

I love the idea of going somewhere a bit more photogenic though.
We could even have a run out (from the meet spot e.g. Church mouse) to a photo friendly location, take some snaps and then back to the pub. Just an idea.
Sounds a good plan. :thumbs:

·
Registered
683 Posts
It does sound like a plan...

any chance of a Saturday meet? I'm almost always away during the week, the only time I've ever met any of you lot was at Benfields launch night - and that involved a bit of a marathon from Stirling and back but I so wanted to lust over the 8c!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Who's going to suggest a picturesque location then? ;)
Topcliffe at the top of Sutton bank (ithink thats what its called):confused::thumbs:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
In the car park in front of the Stadium of Light........the north east's only premier league club:p
I'd rather have a spider lay eggs in my ear & dip my testicles in the fires of hell tbqfh :D

Ermm, I'll have a think. Coastal type spots are plentiful I suppose, party round bacon's?? :p

·
Premium Member
77,198 Posts
i figure an hour and a bit max for any driver is about the most we can ever expect - but without being arsed to do a full demographic spread, Bri is right

i've said this before, lets mix it up a bit

1 - 20 of 82 Posts