Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was the first Alfa that got you hooked with them?

Thought it would be nice to no.

Also has anybody heard off Amersham Motors fiat and Alfa Romeo dealers in Buckinghamshire? No longer running.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Mine was an L-reg 155 2.0 TS (i.e. the original 8-valve without an airbag or ABS!)

And no, I hadn't heard about Amersham Alfa, bummer! They were one of my last 'local' Alfa garages. :(

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Dad's '89 164 Lusso. There was nothing like it on the roads at the time.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
:( 2000, 156 twin spark, so sad to see it go:(

Good thing I traded it in for the GT:inlove:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
1984 116 Guilietta 2.0 An excellent car which introduced me to RWD. Managed to spin it onto a motorway off of the approach road! Ended up on the hard shoulder facing the wrong way.

The best £400 I ever spent. Spent another £1000 on parts over the next two years, did about 40,000 miles (25mpg on 4 Star) and sold it for £200. If only all Alfas were as reliable.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
First Alfa driven - Sud 1.2
First Alfa bought - Sud 1.3SC
:inlove:

E

·
0 Posts
1987 33ti, bought when I was 18.

No power steering, no turning circle, manual choke that got stuck if you used it ahhh I remember alfaaid telling me the startup procedure. Pump the accelerator 3 times, turn the key and when it catches tickle the throttle to keep it going :) In most cars that would be annoying but it didn't take long before it would run on its own, and all could be forgiven with the sound of the flat four.

I also still own it as I couldn't find a buyer :(

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Alfasud 1.5Ti back in 1982. fabulous little car, brilliant engine phenomenal handling - but built by people with the skills of 5 year olds playing with mechano. rusted through in 18 months from new and every time you got into it something fell off.

Pomigliano had a lot to answer for back then, but what could you expect. 'til that time the only things Neapolitans could make were pizzas and they were only supposed to last ten minutes anyway.

Love it to bits though, but too scared to buy another for 20 years.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I was 17 and had a 33cloverleaf. mmmmm, the sound of weber downdraft 40s with trumpets. unfortunately, that was also the sound of a rather light wallet, as i spent over 50% of my wages puttin petrol in the damn thing. still miss it tho.

Holy carp, Perrys Amersham have gone!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Can't believe it, Ive also had a feeling my local dealer in Aylesbury might be giving up alfa, as they only have a couple of cars in the showroom, they never have 147s in there any more, and youre lucky if you see a GT.

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diseasel (2011)
26,153 Posts
The one that got me hooked was a Giulia, way back when I was 12 years old...

First one I actually got to own is my 156 2.0 JTS, born in 2004, 40 years later...

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diseasel (2011)
26,153 Posts
The one that got me hooked was a Giulia, way back when I was 12 years old...

First one I actually got to own is my 156 2.0 JTS, born in 2004, 40 years later...

How did I do that? Double post...
Mods please....

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
My mates and brother owned Sprints and Suds when I was a lad - They were great fun but I was a Lancia man back then!

My first Alfa was a 1991 I64 V6 Lusso - Got me hooked! Lancia had done a runner by then!

·
Registered
197 Posts
155 V6 which I still own. Still pleases me. Amazing sound and handling. Wipes the floor with all my friends' BMW 325i's.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
A 33 16v for me. The snippet at the back of Car magazine at the time said "cracking-crisp boxer engine will make you smile" and they were spot on. I loved it.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I had a 1 year old Bertoni GTV Junior 1300 for about 6 months in 1972, a faultless little car which had probably rusted away a couple of years later, but thats what happened to all cars then.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
'77 Alfetta 2000 GTV, never had a car that gave me as much grief as that one did, didn't put me of buying another Alfa though ;)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts