That's 'cos I don't drive a snowplough :rolleyes:

:p

;)
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :tut:

;)

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
France, especially Alsace and the Pyrenees. Would like to try NZ, I've been told its great. All the New Zealanders I've met/worked with have been so friendly, my flying instructor from NZ was so laid back it was untrue.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Of the (relatively few) countries I've driven in : Scotland.

Fantastic scenery and roads much less filled with idiots and also generally better surfaced than in England.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
I'm needing to change me specs. I thought it said "favourite country to live in..."

No, the best country to drive in is my own - Scotland. Brilliant roads and generally low in congestion. Locally I can recommend the A75 from Dumfries through to Stranraer - 78 miles of superbly surfaced roads with quite outstanding scenery. Not much in the way of Gatsos either.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
moto748 said:
I was thinking of the A87, Will.
A87..? Mmm. can't think where that is.......But you're prob right. there are loads of superb roads up here. Car magazine used to come up a lot.

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diseasel (2011)
26,174 Posts
I voted for France since that's the only country - including 'other' - that has a Col de Joux Plane in it...

Zooming through the bends on the way up from Samoens, then down the other side to Morzine... Heaven.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
274 Posts
i picked Italy, i've never been there...

but i'd like you to come to Kazakhstan!!! yes, we have ugly roads, yes, we have crazy drivers but you will be king of the road on your shiny Alfas!!!! Everyone will be turning heads after you saying ' WOW, What a car!!!'

·
Premium Member
38,311 Posts
So far for me, Australia. :cool:

And I positively HATE driving in Spain. What a bunch on nutters and loonies!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Another vote for scotland here,

I just love the roads in North Fife and long runs up the west coast in early spring are just stunning...

SImes.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Will said:
I'm needing to change me specs. I thought it said "favourite country to live in..."

No, the best country to drive in is my own - Scotland. Brilliant roads and generally low in congestion. Locally I can recommend the A75 from Dumfries through to Stranraer - 78 miles of superbly surfaced roads with quite outstanding scenery. Not much in the way of Gatsos either.

Love France B-Road for a good test drive, but the ultimate place to drive is...

North Pole, because the penguins don't issue Speed tickets!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
I thought Switzerland hates the motorcar!

Limited experience for me I'm affraid. UK & France plus holiday driving in Kefalonia (usually in a little Matiz hire car which is always interesting given the size of the hills and the depth of the potholes in someplaces). :)

Based on this experience, I would have to say the UK. Hoping to put this to the test next summer as considering Italy!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Will said:
No, the best country to drive in is my own - Scotland.

Bonnie Scotland for me too :cool: I haven't got much to compare it to (only ever driven in southern Spain & Canaries outside of the UK) but compared to overcrowded English roads it's a driver's dream :cool: :cool:

EDIT: nope, I tell a lie - I've driven a fair bit in Paris about 15 years ago when I was just a skint student with little driving experience, absolute feckin chaos it was. FUN, but chaos lol...

·
Registered
62 Posts
SWITZERLAND further south the scenery gets better. up till a year ago was driving to swiss/italy each week in the truck :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
France, and in particular Brittany - the roads were in excellent order and empty. I also drive down to Le Mans every year and I am always amazed at how smooth the toll roads are, there is not a ripple or bump. How do they do it?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Resurrecting old poll. (Can't think of any
new ones.)

"It's ALIVE" [Insane cackle]

:)

21 - 40 of 53 Posts