Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a chappie revving up and keen to race me off the lights today in a Integra Type R, having seen ‘Back to the Future’ I declined his offer but did wonder how my GTV stacks up against it… thoughts?

·
Vendor
46,130 Posts
In a straight line I imagine you'll pull a couple of cars lengths on it thanks to the extra torque of the V6. On a twisty backroad you'd be lucky to see which way it went, sorry. Integra Type R is one of the best handling FWD cars of all time.

·
Registered
322 Posts
In a straight line I imagine you'll pull a couple of cars lengths on it thanks to the extra torque of the V6. On a twisty backroad you'd be lucky to see which way it went, sorry. Integra Type R is one of the best handling FWD cars of all time.
Is that based on journalism and hearsay, or have you driven that type of lntegra personally?

·
Vendor
46,130 Posts
Is that based on journalism and hearsay, or have you driven that type of lntegra personally?
A mate of mine had one, and in my significantly more powerful 156 with a 3 litre V6, Q2 diff, Konis, Brembo 4-pots, good tyres etc, I struggled to keep up with him on roads we both knew well. His cornering speeds were faster, no doubt, I could reel him in on some of the longer straights. It simply had more grip, less understeer, less roll. Maybe some of it was down to the drivers, but I did get a brief go in his Type R and it felt very good. I didn't push it like I did my own car as I didn't really know the limits of it, but to me it felt very natural.

Evo magazine named it their all-time greatest FWD performance car:

Birth of an icon: Honda Integra Type-R | Evo

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Woompf, that is praise indeed.....

Interesting! My mate who is a fair judge of these matters said it would be an good close dice.... I did think the Honda might just shade it it on all-round performance.... but I know which one I'd would rather have... Lusso spec ftw! Obviously driver skill makes a huge difference and I'm a rubbish driver!

racing a ricer? nah. How uncouth and loutish
I agree! No matter how tempted I am, or how much revving someone does I don't ever play those games (well.... almost always!) the badges on the back say it all.

D

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
To be fair im not impressed with type r . If it was me and I was at the lights .. and straight line I would have had him haha.. v6 would win all day long . But hey the boy racer comes out of me when im at lights lol :)

·
Registered
800 Posts
You should of stuck it in reverse then done a j turn just as he raced down the road swerving at the last minute to avoid a white rolls royce.....

·
Registered
800 Posts
Over the years ive had many faster cars than my 156v6 but my bella is the only one i have really cared about,your gtv is one of the best looking cars on the road and far far better than a chavy jap shoebox (sorry but in 30yrs i havent owned nor ever will own a jap car).

Your in a alfa:cool:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I'd agree with this. Been on a couple of track days with Type R's and they are seriously quick round the bends.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCJwELPP1Ug check out 10:55. In my defence they did have semi-slicks, definitely tuned too :p

Not sure how they would fare off the line tho. I drive a Land Rover normally so traffic light dashes aren't really a common occurrence these days :lol:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Over the years ive had many faster cars than my 156v6 but my bella is the only one i have really cared about,your gtv is one of the best looking cars on the road and far far better than a chavy jap shoebox (sorry but in 30yrs i havent owned nor ever will own a jap car).

Your in a alfa:cool:
Chavvy? I think the Integra R is probably more what you should call "an intelligent choice" and not all that common when compared with Scoobies etc.

Even the box-standard Honda Civics drive well but, of course, have the image of being an OAPs runaround!

At the end of the day, a good driving car is a good driving car.

GTV looks nicer, though...

·
Vendor
46,130 Posts
I'd definitely have an absolutely standard factory spec Integra Type R in my lottery-win garage. Parked in between the BMW E30 M3 Evo II and the Alfa RZ :cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts