Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks ...

Just wondered if anyone was interested in a Breaky or Sunday afternoon meet... ?

Havn't got any ideas about places as yet ... just thought i'd start this off and see what ideas come from it ... :D

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll come up for a breakfast I might even model the hendersons again :cool:

·
Registered
946 Posts
Good idea :thumbs: this has been kicked about before, we need a daylight meet now its a little too dark and cold for NICN at Brighouse :)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perhaps start doing a monthly meet somewhere near center of the region, Yorkshire region covers a big area ... :D

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Criteria ... decent car park ... Food and good company ... !

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And decent weather would be good!!:lol:

You don't want much eh ... :lol:

Anyway ... has anyone got any ideas then ... :)

I'm from the south of the region ... not sure what on offer further north .. I'm more familiar with the linc's side of the forum .. :)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Suggestion from me ... what about the Wetherby area .... ?

I'm not good with directions (in fact that's being generous :lol:) But it does seem rather central to this region.. :D But then again I could be wrong ... ;)

Its about an hours drive for me ... which I think is acceptable, given we all love to drive our car's.. and you never know we could get a few of the NE and other regions tagging along too ... :D

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
Suggestion from me ... what about the Wetherby area .... ?

I'm not good with directions (in fact that's being generous :lol:) But it does seem rather central to this region.. :D But then again I could be wrong ... ;)

Its about an hours drive for me ... which I think is acceptable, given we all love to drive our car's.. and you never know we could get a few of the NE and other regions tagging along too ... :D
That would definitely be a go-er from my point of view. I'm sure we'd get a few of us down for that. I think it would be great getting a little bit more cross-border activity going on. :thumbs:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That would definitely be a go-er from my point of view. I'm sure we'd get a few of us down for that. I think it would be great getting a little bit more cross-border activity going on. :thumbs:

Absolutely ... :thumbs:

So what do you think about the area ... ? know for you guys it'd be about 1 hour 15 ish, and others in this area depending on local about the same .... :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Wetherby sounds good to me. I know where it is, but not anywhere there to meet unfortunately, but it's only half an hour away from me so I don't mind doing a reccie to try and find us somewhere...
I travel for work and I'm going north at some point next week, i'll take a detour on my way home.

Are we looking for a pub with plenty of level car park and some nice home made pub food?

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Joe,

I'm going to be looking into larger scale regional meets in the new year, it's great that you have shown an interest but Yorkshire is the largest area and should really have more than one rep I.e. North, South and West Yorkshire, if you want to be a rep for South Yorkshire let me know and I'll set the gears in motion behind the scenes.

Historically it's been difficult to get a good turn out at Yorkshire meets so planning and good quality events is key.

:)

Sean

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Joe,

I'm going to be looking into larger scale regional meets in the new year, it's great that you have shown an interest but Yorkshire is the largest area and should really have more than one rep I.e. North, South and West Yorkshire, if you want to be a rep for South Yorkshire let me know and I'll set the gears in motion behind the scenes.

Historically it's been difficult to get a good turn out at Yorkshire meets so planning and good quality events is key.

:)

Sean

Good news ... :thumbs:

As you say .. It is a big ish area ... However .... for a good meet, folks are prepared to travel ... I know .. as I do just that ... :lol:

In an Ideal world ... yes it would be nice to have the area split if you like into sections ... for more local meets.. and this I look forward too :thumbs:

More than happy to help rally the troops in typical Joe style ... As for the other ... I'm good as I am ... :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts