Alfa Romeo Forum banner

541 - 560 of 691 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
If anyone has the privilege of having their car repaired at brydens garage in Leeds, walk away. They have made a mess of my GT :(

·
Registered
680 Posts
If anyone has the privilege of having their car repaired at brydens garage in Leeds, walk away. They have made a mess of my GT :(
Oh no, not more problems. What have they done? Is this the garage that damaged the car while it was there?

I have an axe you can borrow if you want to talk to the managing director...

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Oh no, not more problems. What have they done? Is this the garage that damaged the car while it was there?

I have an axe you can borrow if you want to talk to the managing director...
Hahaha!

Well they have done such an awful job of the repair it is unbelievable, there is fish eyes in the paint, covered in severe orange peel, pretty sure the door isn't flat but hard to tell with their awful paint job. There are pin holes in the paint too.
To too it of the bumper is now covered in lots of matt areas from laquer overspray, somehow the passenger skirt is caked in laquer overspray, and then there is just generally overspray all over the rest of the panels, not so noticeable to the eye but they feel like sandpaper.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Hahaha!

Well they have done such an awful job of the repair it is unbelievable, there is fish eyes in the paint, covered in severe orange peel, pretty sure the door isn't flat but hard to tell with their awful paint job. There are pin holes in the paint too.
To too it of the bumper is now covered in lots of matt areas from laquer overspray, somehow the passenger skirt is caked in laquer overspray, and then there is just generally overspray all over the rest of the panels, not so noticeable to the eye but they feel like sandpaper.
Found even more problems when cleaning it today too.
The passenger side sill has been used to jack up on so it is damaged. One of the exhaust brackets has been broken off and someone decided to put a metal band around to hold it in place which didn't really work. Pretty sure it's not been like that before as the metal band was shiny and clean, indicating it has been done recently.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Found even more problems when cleaning it today too.
The passenger side sill has been used to jack up on so it is damaged. One of the exhaust brackets has been broken off and someone decided to put a metal band around to hold it in place which didn't really work. Pretty sure it's not been like that before as the metal band was shiny and clean, indicating it has been done recently.
Remind me not to ask you for garage recommendations. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
<Watches tumbleweed drift by>

Quiet, ain't it!

Anyone going to the Hebden Vintage Car Show thing in (unsurprisingly) Hebden Bridge in August?

(Pulls brim of hat down over eyes and reverts to watching the tumbleweed rolling by>

·
Banned
703 Posts
Any one going to the Stanford Hall summer time classics car show. 28th of june. Was a good show last year with some very impressive Alfas. I baught a new badge last time saved a tenner.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
No can do. Got a trip up north early the next day for work.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Nice one Kev. I really ought to get a permanent fix for the air hose on my Spider! You going to Newby Hall on Sunday for the AROC yorkshire section thing?

541 - 560 of 691 Posts