Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Yoko Ono

• Oh yes, musical genius!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • She's done some good stuff.

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Well, she's not the Beatles, but it's okay.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ugh! What is that caterwalling? Somebody gag her.

Votes: 30 90.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I would never admit it, even if I DID !!!!!........:lol:

Total screaming lunatic, musically, methinks !!!!!......:eek:

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
She is an Avant Garde artist and studied Fine Art the same as John Lennon. The Fine Arts scene can be seen as an elitist and insular arena the general public will not easily understand or accept. John Lennon was very much a part of this scene studying Fine Art before he became a musician which is why he and Yoko were so close to each other.

However John Lennon branched out into popular music for the public rather than sticking to the inner crowd of the Arts scene. Yoko Ono never left her Avant Garde roots and you can see this in her music. Her music is still addressed to the inner circle of the Avant Garde and not so much to the wider public.

If you listen to her albums with John you get used to them and start to like them after a while. Its defintely an aquired taste.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Some good, but mostly not what i would call "Easy Listening" music.
I have an Album fom the early eightie's called "It's Alright", i think i listened to it once or twice then relegated to the back of beyond in my record collection.
But Yoko's o.k a better artist than musician.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
She is an Avant Garde artist and studied Fine Art the same as John Lennon. The Fine Arts scene can be seen as an elitist and insular arena the general public will not easily understand or accept. John Lennon was very much a part of this scene studying Fine Art before he became a musician which is why he and Yoko were so close to each other.

However John Lennon branched out into popular music for the public rather than sticking to the inner crowd of the Arts scene. Yoko Ono never left her Avant Garde roots and you can see this in her music. Her music is still addressed to the inner circle of the Avant Garde and not so much to the wider public.

If you listen to her albums with John you get used to them and start to like them after a while. Its defintely an aquired taste.
Yeah whatever Fred. I just thinks she's crap ;)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Like meths or self harm?
:lol: ...

:lol::lol: Well John Lennon must have seen something in her - he wasnt dumb !!
Well I doubt it was her musical ability ... AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGH ;)

and Nev ... Who is this Yoko Ono you talk off??? never heard of him/her/it ... you're showing your age fella :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts