Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Came across this in the local rag today, things ARE only getting worse.

Given the fact that Helicopters cost a fortune to fly they must be hoping to catch lots and lots of people to make their money back or is this a truly altruistic effort to promote road safety ? Don't know about helicopters but that flying pig only just missed me just now !

Glad I don't live or transit through Essex very often. :(

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=49996&stc=1&d=1221822388

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
that is flipping stupid :mad: don't the coppers have anything better to do :rant:

R

·
0 Posts
All the motorist is to the Goverment is a cash cow, it wont change under tory or lib dems they are all the same :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
We've got these up in Cheshire, first time I saw them I thought they had a problem with Airplanes going too fast:confused: Finally realised what they were for so looked up, still haven't seen a copper leaning out with the laser gun pressed against his shoulder:(

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
utter waste of money. the gov need to accept that accidents will happen on the road, with all the effort into making our roads safer, its made virtually no difference over the last few years! give up and catch some crims

·
Registered
636 Posts
One day they will realise that speeding in itself does not cause accidents it is stupid drivers.
Yes you can be driving too fast around a corner and crash but i would classify this as stupid driving i.e. driving too fast for the road/conditions.
Again I would not suggest people speed near schools etc but again this is driving stupidly for the road/conditions. For sure someone who is alert and driving 15% faster that the speed limit is safer than someone driving 15% slower but is in a world of their own.

Many years ago when I lived in Essex back in the late 80's/90's the cops there used to play snooker with cars. ie pull over a red car, then a colour and see who got the highest break. They swapped over pink and black with 7 and 6 points as pink cars were rarer. I drove a red car at the time but was lucky (or safe/alert).

·
Super Moderator
44,766 Posts
The first time I ever saw a sign saying that there were aircraft overhead checking speed I was in the Nevada desert.

A few minutes later, I saw an F-15 go over with afterburners on at a ridiculously fast rate of knots.

How big is their traffic police budget?!? :lol:

(And no. I don't really thing that was the speed check aircraft. :p )

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Anybody want to sell me some RPG's? Lets hope they dont come to our neck of the woods!-4- :cry:

·
Registered
171 Posts
About nine months ago, travelling East on the M62, over the hills, there were two helicopter gunships above me, they even slowed down as they crossed the motorway..........:eek:

Hope it wasnt a training excercise (correct spelling?)

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
About nine months ago, travelling East on the M62, over the hills, there were two helicopter gunships above me, they even slowed down as they crossed the motorway..........:eek:

They are after you!

P.s exercise, I just googled it for ya:thumbs:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
That's typical of the f******* Essex police - their traffic cops are truly evil; they drive around in Scoobys and Evos giving it the big un :mad:
Give em a race! I dare you!:ANYWORD:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Cheers mate - might just do that if I have the cash ! Having a Supersprint fitted next week :)
Good call mate! Its really good and the noise that came from my GTA is unreal! God knows what your would be like with a Supersprint. What you getting just a back box, cat back or full system (kerching!)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

They will have been tracking the cars on the motorway!!! FACT ...

·
Registered
22,305 Posts
Saw signs on the B184 in Essex today saying you could get caught for speeding by Helicopters:tut: it is a stretch of road that bikers seem to use alot.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
We've got these up in Cheshire, first time I saw them I thought they had a problem with Airplanes going too fast:confused: Finally realised what they were for so looked up, still haven't seen a copper leaning out with the laser gun pressed against his shoulder:(

This will be great for road safety. We'll all be too busy looking up to concentrate on the road.:rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts