Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yes, 'Unique' is an apropriate word!
Hope it'll be even unique-er after a couple of small additions - for example the leather gaiter for the gears stick and hand break doesn't match the quality of the seat leather so really I have no choice what-so-ever but to get some better ones!

Maybe a TI spoiler!???? Or is that going too far?? any ideas?

·
Registered
362 Posts
HI fandango, I am also a newbie and am just getting the hang of this.
I think i have recently seen you cruising up the M1 heading into leeds in the morning rush hour (cant be many 147`s like yours!), if it is you, that is a seroiusly awesome car, looks like its been lowered aswell (?)
Cool car man!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi Cragmaz!

Warm welcome to the site and thanks very much for the comments!

Alas t'was not me you saw. Not been out that way in my Alfa yet! Only had it a few weeks and the novelty is far from wearing off!!

Irritating to think that there are other orange lovers out there!! (not you Mr. Orange! we all love you!!) Don't want to loose my individuality!!:D

Funnily enough I'm currently looking at suspension kits as my next purchase! Any ideas?

Hope you find AO as useful and friendly as I have. I'm certain you will!

Nice car btw!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hi again mate, The car i saw (that was not you) was well slammed, it looked totally evil!, almost crashed trying to get a good look at it as we passed, as for the choice of suspension, i would just go for a set of springs the "eibach pro" kit is the one and only choice in springs, i have had these on various cars in the past,and although,a bit more expensive than most, the quality,stance and roadholding are far superior, normally a 40mm drop, and you would be looking at around £160 for the set, speak to alfanige about these, he can prob do you a good deal!
One last thing, a mate of mine has a 53 reg 147 jtd m-jet and had already fitted a set of eibach springs, and than had some "powerflex" polyurethane bushes (from *********) fit all round and the differance was awesome,like a go kart!
Hope this helps.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts