Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, my 159 lusso is back in the garage again for the same symptoms as last year.......damn damn damn knocking on the passenger suspension.

Had a new wishbone fitted last year and the car was lovely for 11 months and the dreaded knocking is back. (note, this was the 2nd wishbone, the 1st was fitted the previous year)

Back to the garage she goes, they jack her up, have a poke and a prod and tell me that the wish bone is fine, there is no movement.

They now think it might be the shock absorber.

I am no expert, but i am not heard of a knocking shock.

I still love my car, but the Alfa person who designed the suspension is an idiot, It really spoils my day driving this bone rattler..

I am annoyed!! as you may be able to tell

:devious:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Same problem for me with my 159 lusso, I replaced upper, lower arms on both sides over a period of two years. it seems to be once one goes the rest follow sooner than later!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found the problem.

Drum roll..................ta ta ta ta da da.....

yup .... another upper wish bone. This is the 3rd in 2 years.

The bush that attaches to the chassis was completely loose.

My only conclusion is that when replacing parts it is advisable to use genuine Alfa parts, as the after market ones are poo.

My car is back to its lovely self again.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I was convinced my knocking was due to rear bushes - but no, it was front o/s drop link issue, replaced for £70. Only had it back a couple of days and driving fine.

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
7,515 Posts
My only conclusion is that when replacing parts it is advisable to use genuine Alfa parts, as the after market ones are poo.

My car is back to its lovely self again.
Thats a question I was going to ask. My theory is buy cheap buy twice (or three times in your case). Only the rich can afford to buy cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts