Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I had no issue. Tonight I turned the car on and got the dashboard with errors. The speedo would not work but came on for a couple of seconds and turned off again, the fuel light and guage was saying empty but would turn on for a few seconds, three lights like hand break light, engine light would turn off and on again. Heater was blowing but not warm air and the electric windows would not work. The car did seem to drive fine (I had to get home from work) I ran a diagnostic on torque and got a p083 error.
Anyone got an idea what it might be? I did open and close the bonnet earlier (looking for the paint code) but didn't touch anything. I looked again tonight but couldn't see any damage to cables and checked the big fuses on top of the battery which are fine. Also the boot release on the remote and interior button did not work.

I did have the clutch and flywheel replaced, is it passable an earth or the like was put on lose and worked it's way lose?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Very plausible... These cars go a bit wonky when the battery gets low or a connection is failing..

Have a good ooke about tomorrow , reseat the straps and connectors on the battery, and clear the error codes.. If they come back they're probably genuine... If it all goes away, blame the electricss

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just been to the car again. Should be sleeping for night shift really though. I disconnected the battery and while doing that, found a nut and washer missing from one of the bolts above the positive terminal. Top right of picture. Will this potentially cause the issues?

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, Also ran a diag through Torque again, first two times, no errors on the ECU found. £rd time, got -
p0704 Clutch switch in put circuit malfunction (although i think this is the switch on the clutch for the cruise control)
p0683
u1700
p0307 Cylinder 7 misfire detected
o3806
p22d7

Done a little research but cant find much on the codes. Guessing most are related with communication issues, so guessing the u1700 is the one that is the proper issue.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, so another update. Just reconnected the battery after about 1hour and all looks like it is working again. Alfa's, got to love them but not their electrics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts