Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go easy on me, I'm pretty new around these parts! I've just acquired a 2002 147 2.0TS which is in lovely condition but sounds a bit quiet. I'm looking to give her a bit more sporty exhaust note but I'm no boy racer and I definately don't want any attention from plod. I am unsure whether to go with an unsilenced mid section with my stock silencer (retaining the stock look from the back of the car), or go for a stainless silencer like a Ragazzon or similar. Not being able to hear them before buying is a bit of a problem and I have read other posts but still have come to no decision. What would sound better (subjective I know) and what would be more likely to get through an MOT. Thanks

Peace

Kurt

·
Vendor
46,115 Posts
I'd go for SuperSprint dual exit backbox, expensive but sounds awesome.

·
0 Posts
I'd go for SuperSprint dual exit backbox, expensive but sounds awesome.
i bought a universal fitment unit with adjustable baffles so you can have either a quiet buzz as you drive or with the turn of an allen key... HELL on Earth.:cool:

·
Vendor
46,115 Posts
i bought a universal fitment unit with adjustable baffles so you can have either a quiet buzz as you drive or with the turn of an allen key... HELL on Earth.:cool:
Sounds interesting.. :hmm:

·
0 Posts
yeah have a look on google shopping that is where i picked up mine :)

see im not one to advertise myself to the local plod but when you go to car shows or even a multistorey car park it sound amazing :)

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I've the same dilemma.

I want a new back box (and maybe cat back) but don't know what to buy.
The last thing I want is a boy racer exhaust, because unless that is a look you've gone for on your Alfa, I don't think Alfa's are that kinda car.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I had a custom stainless exhaust fitted from the manifold back. Sports cat and a nice oval exit. My criteria was I don't want to sound like a boy racer, and they did a good job. It's meaty without being loud. Definately possible to do what you're after without ruining the looks of the car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went for this:

http://shop.alfisti.net/Tuning-Styling/ Alfa-147/Sport-Exhausts/Ragazzon-Rear-Silencer-alfistinet-Edition-1

on the basis that they seen a good make and hopefully will not look like a chav boy racer car once installed.

Pics once I have fitted it. Thanks for the input

Peace

Kurt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts