Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought 170 veloce in August ex fleet. All has been fine except for a few warnings flashing up then going.
Today all went toots up. Start /stop warning on, switches on and off according to display, but does not operate. DNA not switching , LED above start/stop switch is permanently on and EOBD light is on all the time. Apart from that Great. Reading other posts with similar probs, looks like system needs resetting, any thoughts and ideas on price?

R

·
0 Posts
I had this a couple of weeks ago. EGR valve was playing up but reset it with MES and never looked back. Get Multiecuscan and a cable and this would not bother you in the slightest. It will cost you about £75 to get the kit and software to DIY! Hope that's a help and in this microsoft windows world its not as daunting as it sounds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Rhett, but I can hardly turn on a PC let alone do diagnostics.
Was hoping to get dealership to fund reset, need idea of price

R

·
0 Posts
Dealers will probably charge you an hours labour to do this so budget around £90. Do you not have any local guys that can do EOBD analysis? Failing that you can get EOBD readers that can reset the Mil light from China for about £30 on Ebay,or lookup Gendan in the UK but they are just importing stuff you can buy yourself. Shouldn't need a computer for this.

R

·
0 Posts
normally these errors are for a reason i doubt resetting it will be the end of your trouble,
I know why you express that kind of opinion but one occurrence of a particular error will cause the MIL light to remain lit for every drive you have even if the cause has been rectified. Certain errors just need resetting, 147's used to report airbag errors in damp weather. My EGR valve did some funny stuff on one drive and it's been fine for well over a month now. Don't forget the OP is missing out on all that "D" experience!! :)

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
If you got it ex fleet is there any sort of warranty? I'd still try and take it back to them as there seems to be a fault from when they sold it to you

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
If it is still under warranty take it back to the dealer first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts