Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a replacement maf, used one from ebay (I know) but when i first put it on the car was undriveable so i unplugged it again, however i tried plugging it in again today and it ran so much better. there is a but of course. it seems to run fine up to 4000 rpm when it loses power and dont want to rev beyond this.
I checked voltages on all 5 wires to maf.
starting at the top light blue was 1.36v at idle going up to 2.5v at higher revs.
The darker blue was 4.98v constant (no t going up with revs)
the what looks like white wire has no volts at all.
the red is live at 14v
and the bottom white wire was 4.39v constant

Do these voltages sound right?

If not i want my money back from ebay seller

On a plus note the car is so much nicer to drive and hopefully better on petrol cos i only got 52 miles to 16 quids worth!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
30,033 Posts
...there is a but of course. it seems to run fine up to 4000 rpm when it loses power and dont want to rev beyond this.
No idea on the voltages, but those symptoms are typical MAF failure.

Will it go to higher revs on a lighter throttle?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure really, it would easily rev beyond 4k with maf unplugged, but was a bit of a pig to drive, at least it feels good below 4k now

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i found out the voltages at the plug and they are well down, pin 5 sender volts should be about 2v at idle and 4.8v at high revs, mine is 1.36v going up to less than 2.5v. now the argument starts with ebay seller cos he thinks it was 100% working whereas it is not

·
Registered
938 Posts
check the battery must be above 75% otherwise sensors start mucking about replaced loads of sensors on my old 8v diesel and later found battery not enough power to give right voltage to sensors changed the battery and do a ecu reset, ecu needs to start over after all that wrong info its been getting from the low voltage

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
check the battery must be above 75% otherwise sensors start mucking about replaced loads of sensors on my old 8v diesel and later found battery not enough power to give right voltage to sensors changed the battery and do a ecu reset, ecu needs to start over after all that wrong info its been getting from the low voltage
Battery is good, had voltage meter on it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts