Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
That Saporro has been for sale since before last Christmas. I seem to recall that Gaz got it in last year's secret Santa (I was really jealous).

K

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,743 Posts
Steve - that Sapparo...was there a version before of after it that was a bit more rounded, or a bit more Camero-esque in shape? My memory might be playing tricks, mind...

K

·
0 Posts
Steve - that Sapparo...was there a version before of after it that was a bit more rounded, or a bit more Camero-esque in shape? My memory might be playing tricks, mind...
That's quite a late one. The earlier one had four smaller oblong headlamps like this rather lovely one.

Redirect Notice

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,743 Posts
by jimny, that was a nostalgia trek! Cheers mate :thumbs:

I think in 1980, Colt introduced the Lancer Turbo; i remember the signature car was white, with lary 'TURBO' stickers (like all 80's cars!), and the mags loved the performance, but warned 'handling can be tricky in the wet'. I bet!! :lol:

What else? Crikey, i had forgotten all about the Cordia Coupe! But that triggered another thought...wasn't there a saloon version, called a Tredia, or something?

Ah, the Galant! That got re-badged a Lonsdale (which i think you could buy in the UK, 83/84-ish?), but there was also the lovely 84 Galant, that majored in on epic reliability, IIRC.

What else? Well, my 'official' driving instructor's car - and the car i passed my test in - was a Colt 1300 hatch. My mate's dad bought a new Starion in 1984, in red.

One other thing...looking at those reviews, over the years no one remembers - or buys! - a Datsun Cherry or a Colt Mirage...but in the 70s, they bought a Golf. In the 80s, too. And the 90s. And in 2000, and in 2012. There's something to be said for consistency...

K

·
0 Posts
by jimny, that was a nostalgia trek! Cheers mate :thumbs:

I think in 1980, Colt introduced the Lancer Turbo; i remember the signature car was white, with lary 'TURBO' stickers (like all 80's cars!), and the mags loved the performance, but warned 'handling can be tricky in the wet'. I bet!! :lol:

What else? Crikey, i had forgotten all about the Cordia Coupe! But that triggered another thought...wasn't there a saloon version, called a Tredia, or something?

Ah, the Galant! That got re-badged a Lonsdale (which i think you could buy in the UK, 83/84-ish?), but there was also the lovely 84 Galant, that majored in on epic reliability, IIRC.

What else? Well, my 'official' driving instructor's car - and the car i passed my test in - was a Colt 1300 hatch. My mate's dad bought a new Starion in 1984, in red.

One other thing...looking at those reviews, over the years no one remembers - or buys! - a Datsun Cherry or a Colt Mirage...but in the 70s, they bought a Golf. In the 80s, too. And the 90s. And in 2000, and in 2012. There's something to be said for consistency...
The Lancer Turbo was awesome. The best bit by far was the reversed "turbo" lettering on the front airdam.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts