Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Since we're sharing spider photos, I thought I would post this one.

This 1938 Mille Miglia Spider won the historic division of the inaugural (2002) Newfoundland Targa. More photos can be found here.

The Newfoundland Targa bills itself as "the ultimate motorsport adventure - we take 2 distinct rally competitions and turn them into an experience of a lifetime! The rally involves seven days of competition on 500 KM of closed roads within a 2000 km route through some of North America's most fabulous scenery."
--Toronto

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
OK, I realize this is poor taste, replying after my own post, but I'm doing this in an effort to bring this back up again and catch people's attention.

Here I thought I gorgeous Alfa winning a race was actually worth some attention. Maybe this year the drivers should be naked (except for helmets, of course).
--Toronto

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Ah, I'd love to, except that the car in the photo was estimated to be worth over $1 million. Somehow I don't think it would be a fair trade. wink Plus I doubt I'd be able to afford the insurance. :(

A local hospital runs a lottery where the prizes are cars and houses. The early bird prize is always an Aston. Apparently in all the years they've had the lottery, no winner has ever claimed the car (they've taken the cash equivalent instead). Supposedly the reason for this is that nobody wants to pay the insurance rates, which are estimated to be in excess of $30,000 per year.
--Toronto

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Hey Toronto, since you're keen on posting piccies of Spiders, post one of yours. :D

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Antonio Chico:
<strong>Hey Toronto, since you're keen on posting piccies of Spiders, post one of yours. :D </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Toronto has already posted a pic of the lovely spider, but here it is again

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by selespeed:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Antonio Chico:
<strong>Hey Toronto, since you're keen on posting piccies of Spiders, post one of yours. :D </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Toronto has already posted a pic of the lovely spider, but here it is again

</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's the Spider I'll have a ride... :D :D someday... :cool: maybe :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Sorry Ant,
Outside of that same shot everybody has seen, that's all I've got. I don't have a digital camera, and I've never gotten around to taking real pictures of my buggy yet. Maybe later this year.

But since you want to look at Canadian Alfa pictures, have a look at this one . It's a new Alfa RS one-off prototype, with 1750 power. Built over the last 3 years by ARCC club member Rudy Schaeffer. It has Porsche 914 trans axle, rad in back, Guilietta drum brakes, Alfa and junk yard parts under a custom moulded fibre glass body.
--Toronto

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Thanks Toronto, and, did you take the piccies of your... buggy at your house??

And in the second one, there is a pair of legs. But I somehow doubt that it's you... :D

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Antonio Chico:
<strong>
And in the second one, there is a pair of legs. But I somehow doubt that it's you... :D </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Where, Where?? :confused: :D :D :D wink

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by THROTTLEMAN:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Antonio Chico:
<strong>
And in the second one, there is a pair of legs. But I somehow doubt that it's you... :D </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Where, Where?? :confused: :D :D :D wink </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Look at the second piccie on the list...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts