Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

Just a heads up really to anybody looking at the Nero Metallico 147 advertised by a dealership next to IKEA Giltbrook Nottigham. (Won't name them easy enough to find).

Went to have a look at it today for a friend who is in the market for a GTA. There was a list as long as my arm with faults I had spotted in the first few minutes of seeing the car.

No, and I mean NO, coolant in the reservoir, may have been even less than that in the system. Oil on the dipstick was also reading way over max which I thought was very strange. Under the car, rusty oil cooler pipes and what I could see leaking power steering pipe too.

Yes okay the car is 11 years old, but there were also a lot of dents/scrapes and dodgy paint all over the car. Not what you want you want to see really.

Had a look over the paperwork and a couple more blinders too. Rear brake disc wear NS and OS was an advisory for 2012, 2013 and front joined them in 2014... However miraculously disappeared on the fresh MOT the dealer provided. No sign of any receipts for rear brake work, though.

Salesman wasn't even sure what the Q2 was.. And said that the car came with a 'special body kit' in his own words. Also had told my friend previously over the phone that it came with 'full alfa service history. At best it was patchy and only a couple in there from reputable indies, 0 from alfa. I was lost for words and have obviously told my friend to stay away from the car, far away!

Just a heads up if anyone was looking into it :)

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
The lack of coolant will make for an interesting test drive for some poor potential purchaser!!!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Might get a bit warm in there..

And yes indeed, does go to show. I was genuinely surprised for all the wrong reasons by the car.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Hello guys,
No, and I mean NO, coolant in the reservoir, may have been even less than that in the system. Oil on the dipstick was also reading way over max which I thought was very strange. Under the car, rusty oil cooler pipes and what I could see leaking power steering pipe too.
Just a heads up if anyone was looking into it :)

Wonder if the missing coolant has added to the oil level somewhat

·
Registered
600 Posts
Anu only said that you want 6k for the car and that you have had pretty much everything done to it.
I've tried to get into my sent items so I can copy and paste what I sent and send it to you but I can't get into them. Can you ask Anu to send it on to you as I wrote a fair bit haha

·
Registered
600 Posts
It's fine pal from what Anu has told me the car does seem pretty nice, when would we be able to meet so we can have a look over it? :)
Anytime really this week as my kids are away on holiday so a pretty free week for me bar tonight and I am playing football for a couple of hours tomorrow night

1 - 16 of 16 Posts