Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've debadged the back, and painted the Spider badge satin black.
I'm thinking of putting it under the lock. It doesn't get caught when the Alfa badge swings down, before you ask..:thumbs:
I haven't glued in on yet. Just wondered what the consensus of opinion is..?

Black01.jpg

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
I'm on the fence at the mo! Would have to see it in person or a full pic to make my mind up.

Not keen on the Spider badge underneath the Alfa embolism.

Nice detail work on the painting :thumbs:

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The whole boot needs re-lacquered.. Its in a shocking state at the moment. That's the main reason for de-badgeing, before getting it seen to.... :mygrin1:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
not for me

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
I think I prefer no badges at all than relocating it there. I think it makes that area look too fussy, there's not enough room for it.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It might just end up stuck on the wall somewhere, instead of the boot lid.. Have to leave it bare-assed...:mygrin1:

I did a really good spray job on it as well, even if I say so myself..:lol:

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Looks OK to me but why does the car need a Spider badge at all. The hood makes it quite obvious it's a Spider from any angle. I suppose it's true of many Italian cars though. Their names are often descriptions rather than actual names.

·
Registered
945 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Would say no as well
would like to know though is that a Stick on Alfa badge or a proper enamel one, if the latter where did you get it ?

thanks

J

·
Registered
374 Posts
Only a "stick on" one I'm afraid. Temp solution till I get the paintwork sorted. Then I get a replacement.
Shame i would realy like a set of old school Alfa Black and silver enamel badges, i have some stick on ones but they dont look great close up. a set for wheel centers would be nice too :cry:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts