Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But finally back in an Alfa.

Bought a 33 1.7ie (couldnt afford a Sud) but apart from the kids being born I'm finally happy again. Company Fords and my current diesel (fast with tuning box) Civic just leave me cold.

Havent even seen the 33 - and dont care :) Its black with P4 interior has new struts, discs, pads, cam belts, water pump, alternator, battery, exhaust, plugs, filters etc (yes it was the one on ebay).

Fully expect 2nd synchro to be shafted (anyone got a good box for sale? or surplus parts).

So the list goes like this for italian motoring madness - -so far
33 1.7 ie the new one
33 1.7QV (wicked condition buggered diff)
75 T Spark
75 V6
Sud Ti Cloverleaf
Sud Ti 1.3
Giulietta 2.0 RS
Sud Ti 1.3
Strada Abarth 130 TC
127 GT 1300
Beta Coupe VX
Beta Coupe

and some other european stuff. Q. Should i see a doctor?

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
But finally back in an Alfa.

Bought a 33 1.7ie (couldnt afford a Sud) but apart from the kids being born I'm finally happy again. Company Fords and my current diesel (fast with tuning box) Civic just leave me cold.

Havent even seen the 33 - and dont care :) Its black with P4 interior has new struts, discs, pads, cam belts, water pump, alternator, battery, exhaust, plugs, filters etc (yes it was the one on ebay).

Fully expect 2nd synchro to be shafted (anyone got a good box for sale? or surplus parts).

33 1.7 ie the new one
75 T Spark
75 V6
Sud Ti Cloverleaf
Sud Ti 1.3
Giulietta 2.0 RS
Sud Ti 1.3
Strada Abarth 130 TC
127 GT 1300
Beta Coupe VX
Beta Coupe

Possibly.....:thumbs:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you say that but combined you would have got change from 5k for the lot - just a canny buyer - i hope

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Congratulations :thumbs:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well yes may have been an exaggeration:cheese:

v8 sud???? bloody hell - do you take lithium on prescription per chance:wow:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cheers -cant wait to pick it up on sunday - the drive back is going to be a hoot - should stay in tandem with the girly in her seat alhambra who is running me up there - mmm i'll get her to the motorway- then she on her own. then whhheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
car

cheers -cant wait to pick it up on sunday - the drive back is going to be a hoot - should stay in tandem with the girly in her seat alhambra who is running me up there - mmm i'll get her to the motorway- then she on her own. then whhheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
i remember seeing that 33 a little while ago it looks in good condition .

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Well done chap, loved my 33s :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
33 1.7 ie the new one
75 T Spark
75 V6
Sud Ti Cloverleaf
Sud Ti 1.3
Giulietta 2.0 RS
Sud Ti 1.3
Strada Abarth 130 TC
127 GT 1300
Beta Coupe VX
Beta Coupe

You've got it bad man! :lol:

The only cure I found was a Land Rover - 1963 one - but that sent me of in whole new direction, the good bit about one of these is that dents and rust looks cool on them, and it barely has electrics, let alone electronics! Currently looking at another one with a V8 :D

Yours terminally - Ian

K

·
0 Posts
sounds like a good one, can't remember which ebay one it was :confused: seen too many lately :lol:, got a link to it?
hope the drive back is as much fun as you hope :thumbs:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well, you know when you get a feeling about a car - i got it. It was a bit more scabby than suggested, the roof lining was well stained indicating a leak. and 2nd /3rd was shot - - however a bit of judicious heel and toeing saw a quick change.

Ultimately didnt get it - mmmm that feeling - dont think we would have connected. - not saying it wouldnt have potential for someone else.

So- onwards - just missed out on a 145 cloverleaf, looking at a 146ti today, possibly a sprint and a 75 le if i can persuade the owner to get it MOT'd

need something this week.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts