Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Yatour BT + Blue & Me

Tags
blue yatour
2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  nick_dastardly 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I picked up my '08 155BHP Mito today. Great car!

Since I had a week to spend waiting for the car, I did some research on how to connect my phone to the audio system. I found out about the Yatour system, but before I order it I'd like to know about the compatibility with Blue & Me.

So, would I be able to handle my calls with Blue & Me if it's streaming music through bluetooth with Yatour? Connecting 2 bluetooth devices wouldn't be a problem for my Sony Xperia, but I'm not sure about Yatour/Blue & Me. I don't want the Yatour to handle my call, just the music.

Otherwise I'll skip the BT and i will just need to settle with an permanent aux cable.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Cant't help with Yatour or multiple bluetooth devices, but a couple of findings from my experience:
+Cannot play music from iPhone 5S or Pixel2 using USB socket
+Cannot play music via phone-car bluetooth connection
+Blue & Me does enable you to take calls through the car's stereo via bluetooth, although calls typically fail partway through (in about 25% of the times I've tried it) and the stereo becomes unusable for a time, often making a loud buzzing sound.

For the reasons above I've given up on Blue&Me and instead use 16gb usb stick with music library loaded onto it...

Incidentally, believe there is a device that allows user to play music through the USB socket: https://www.tmcmotorsport.com/product/5556

#3 ·
Had the Blue&Me fail a couple of times. Didn't blame the system since my Sony started acting up a couple of days ago. Too bad it might be the Blue&Me system too, though. Had it updated, didn't solve the issue.

Thanks for the link, to bad I don't own an Apple. Or does it work on Android too?

#4 ·
Not sure about whether it works with Android; I'm in the same position myself - tempted to buy the adapter but have an android phone...

Considering avoiding the factory headunit/Blue&Me system altegother and fitting a new smartphone-first head unit: Pioneer SPH-10BT Smartphone Receiver

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.