Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on the verge of ordering a Mito 1.4 TB 155 Veloce.
But i havn't decided if i should get xenons or not?! I will be adding the sports pedals and tinted rear windows. I'm only worried it will take the car longer to arrive!!>.<

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
if i had the option id go for it, so much more better than standard lights:thumbs:

·
Registered
309 Posts
omg,, ure username also has TCY! woooo~~~~~~
hehehe

(sorry, thats very irrelevant 2 wt ure asking haha........) hmmm.... when I was little I always thought xenon lights were reallly cool!! And always wanted to have it on my car to annoy other drivers hahaha...... but coz of the price I didnt get it :/
but I'd suggest u 2 get it :)

J

·
0 Posts
having driven car with and without i would say get them, they are sooooo much better.....

bear in mind that the cost is because, the headlamps are different, you have to have headlamp wash and also the lights need to have a self levelling device fitted within them

B

·
0 Posts
Xenon's are a bit of a waste in my opinion, especially when you get stung for a pretty penny when they need replacing.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The Mito headlamps themselves are better than most halogens. My brother says they're better than my mum's Q7s halogens, and it would seem if the lights are good enough as it is, then spend your money somewhere else.
If you've budgeted enough to get them any don't want to get anything else, then go for it! :) I just wouldn't take them over Bose or Leather.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Xenon's are a bit of a waste in my opinion, especially when you get stung for a pretty penny when they need replacing.
pleny of places that do cheap replacement, and as they last about 10 times as long, they probably cost about the same as your replaceing them less. economics man!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
The Mito headlamps themselves are better than most halogens. My brother says they're better than my mum's Q7s halogens, and it would seem if the lights are good enough as it is, then spend your money somewhere else.
If you've budgeted enough to get them any don't want to get anything else, then go for it! :) I just wouldn't take them over Bose or Leather.
that goes without saying, but there still better than standard, but if your budget stretches,like i said, there worth it:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
that goes without saying, but there still better than standard, but if your budget stretches,like i said, there worth it:thumbs:
Yeah, but on some cars, the standard lights are so bad it'd be foolish to not get Xenons (such as the Mini Cooper - at least the last version which my brother had. The lights on that were shockingly bad), but I wouldn't say the Mito is one of them cars. I'm glad i chose BOSE instead, but, like i said, can see why Xenons would attract people for whom the other options don't really entice them or have a high budget.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
wish the early mk2 puntos had xenons, they were pants, as are the lights on the 156:rant:

the mitos are good yeah, mainly due to the big area of light, theres nothing stopping the beam:D

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
beware the bulb's are around £70 each and you must have headlamp wash with it
if you get them from the dealer, they will come with auto levelers and head lamp washers as part of the kit:thumbs:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hello I picked up my 155 Veloce yesterday and I tried it last night and I have to say i have no regrets about not choosing Xenons. The lighting is very good along country lanes and I wish I had specified the Bose Stereo as the bog standard system is just tinny hissing sound and not up to much...now at the very least I am going to look at upgrading the speakers in the future.

The cars are superb and I have been trying Dynamic mode on and off whilst running it in and it is fab.

B

·
0 Posts
Spend the £700 on something in the car that you can enjoy all the time rather than something you can only benefit from at night! :)

·
Registered
713 Posts
I would say like some others if you really wantd them and its the cost putting you off, then try aftermarket, will most likely be cheaper.

What colour are you getting it in? Had any discount off list price?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I wish I had specified the Bose Stereo as the bog standard system is just tinny hissing sound and not up to much...now at the very least I am going to look at upgrading the speakers in the future.
When i test drove the mito, the regular speakers sounded like the had a good all round frequency output, so I decided the bose wasn't worth the extra £600.
If I decide the regular speakers don't have enough low end, I could buy a subwoofer for about £200. Still much less than the bose speakers.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oooh! So many replies. ive not had time to check this lol!
I understand what people are suggesting. But tbh, im getting the xenons only to look good. haha!
I drive in the city most of the time anyway.:D
I just feel i need to spend that bit extra for them, as i'm buying an Alfa. And a relatively prestiguous car should have xenons to match it. (I think):D
These bulbs also last longer than the standard ones. My Dad's E-Class merc (6 years old now) has xenons and hasn't had a bulb replaced once yet. As for speakers. I'm not going to add the BOSE system as i find it rather expensive for the job it does. Aftermarket ystems from pioneer etc are very good at very good prices. Aftermarket xenons on the otherhand are illegal. (sorta).
So yeah. ive pretty much made my decision already. lololol!

J

·
0 Posts
some of the comments on here about Xenons are surprising....

Xenon bulbs are reknown for their long life, in some instances they will last as long as the car, they are in no way similar to Halogens that have a life measured in hours that they are lit.

Bear in mind fitting aftermarket Xenons WILL invalidate your warranty and there is a very good chance you wil lose your beam pattern and so blind oncoming traffic, Xenon headlamps are diferent in their design as they will have something similar to a parabolic lens in front of the bulb that will create the beam pattern, a halogen bulb'd headlamp will have what looks to be a little metal 'umbrella'at the tip of the bulb to act as a deflector, because of the strength of the light it is ineffective.

If you specify Xenons they as part of that spec you will get headlamp wash and auto headlamp leveling its all part and parcel.

Remember that headlamps not only help you to see where you are going but also help others to see you, if i have xenons then i am a little more confident about being noticed as they are not only a little brighter but also the colour difference makes them stand out more

1 - 18 of 18 Posts