Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Confused and need help please!

I don't have a headlight beam adjustment on my 159. Manual says I will therefore have xenons.

Had a bulb go the other day, turns out I've got halogens?!

Anyone else? Too many peronis on the production line I suspect!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Xenon lights are self adjusting: when you turn the car on the lights will adjust according to the car load, if you turn the car on with the lights switch on, you can actually see it happen. Another way of seeing if you have Xenon is the water jets on the bumper, which is a mandatory spec for xenon lights.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Xenon lights are self adjusting: when you turn the car on the lights will adjust according to the car load, if you turn the car on with the lights switch on, you can actually see it happen. Another way of seeing if you have Xenon is the water jets on the bumper, which is a mandatory spec for xenon lights.
Should've specified that my broken headlight issue was a simple replacement HALOGEN bulb. Odd that I don't have the beam adjustment, yet the manual states I should!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
if your avatar photo is your actual car, I don't see any washer jets so it seems you may have a halogen lamped car?
When you say haedlamp beam adjustment, do you mean an internal switch?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if your avatar photo is your actual car, I don't see any washer jets so it seems you may have a halogen lamped car?
When you say haedlamp beam adjustment, do you mean an internal switch?
I do have halogens - had a bulb replaced yesterday. The beam adjustment should be by the fog lights switches..... apparently only cars with xenons don't have it hence my confusion

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Your car might have been in a accident and the headlights and bumper was replaced with non Xenon units.
I did that on my car since the normal headlights are ½ the cost of the xenon’s.
So now I have auto just with normal halogens.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Not on a 159 but my wife's (recently sold) 147 2.0 Lusso had headlamp, washer, no manual adjustment but it did have the auto adjustment (you could hear the leveller - ballast? - whirring when starting on a mild incline) and yet they were halogens! Never figured that one out!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
My 1982 Lancia HPE Volumex also had auto adjust without Xenon’s.
I wonder why.:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts