Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having Alfa Romeo Gt Blackline i decide to install xenon lights kid .Is any one familiar with this matterr and suggest me any good brands?

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diseasel (2011)
26,191 Posts
I have seen a number of threads on this subject over the last couple of years - the search engine is your friend. I believe that the general idea is: it's a lot of work and/or very expensive and hardly worth it (although the factory fit xenons on my GT are a lot better than what I was used to on my 156 SW).

Try searching for "xenon" or "hid" in this forum (http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-gt)

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Basically your options are
1) take the full headlight plus electrical stuff from a GT which had factory fitted HIDs (the legal option)

or

2) Buy slimline HIDs from ebay, go for the cheapest because they're all the same quality until you pay a lot of money for PIAA/ Osram/ Bosch kits (they're techincally not road legal in the UK without self levelling headlights and headlight washers). Please don't spend any more than £50 for a set from ebay, I can assure you they are all the same.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I just put a 55w HID 6000k kit on my volvo s60 and it is bloody amazing. I had Osram nightbreaker halogen bulbs before and still was not happy with the light output so went for an ebay Xenon kit. The difference is unbelievable.
As said above dont pay more than 50 quid. Thats what i payed delivered.
I was concerned about dazzling oncoming drivers but the beam pattern is the same just considerably clearer and brighter. I have had no problems with being flashed.
I wish i had done it ages ago to be honest. Well worth 50 quid considering i payed 30 for the Osram bulbs which cant touch the xenons for light output.
If you get some go for 55w as they are brighter than the 35w bulbs and your halogens are 55w anyway and you have less chance of getting a bulb failure warning on the dash as the 33w kits draw less current .
Go for it you wont regret it.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Basically your options are
1) take the full headlight plus electrical stuff from a GT which had factory fitted HIDs (the legal option)
:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I did that, got a set of OEM xenons from the breakers and had them fitted, works just fine

G

·
Now that we're here, any idea if the xenon lights can be manually adjusted horizontally? My passenger-side light (LHD car) seems to be going some 45 degrees to the right of the "ahead" direction, which leads to very little light actually getting on the road.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Now that we're here, any idea if the xenon lights can be manually adjusted horizontally? My passenger-side light (LHD car) seems to be going some 45 degrees to the right of the "ahead" direction, which leads to very little light actually getting on the road.
I'm not sure but I imagine they can since they're only self adjusting on the vertical axis. Is it possible that a bolt has came loose between the headlight housing/ car body?

G

·
It's always been like that (since I got the car), so I imagine if the bolt has come loose, it's been long gone. I tried looking around for some adjustment bolts, but the engine bay is sort of crowded with that 2.4 inside.
I guess I'll have it sorted out in the spring at its next service, even if two different persons (dealer + indie) told me it's normal and the car sailed through the local MOT equivalent in December.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts