Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has headlight washers fitted, but No xenon headlights.

I have seen a lot of cars with no headlight washers, and the ones i have seen with them have had xenon projector lights.

Does anyone know what the factory options were?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Headlight washers were part of the winter pack I believe. Xenon lights were an expensive option hence why not many had them

·
Registered
218 Posts
What is required to upgrade to headlight washers?
I accept that the bumper washer in the rubber strip is required.
Is it a different washer bottle or can the pump + plumbing be replaced alone?
Do they wash every time the windscreen is washed? If not, how is the logic built in to the system or is it just wiring?

Any wiring diagram?

·
Registered
862 Posts
What is required to upgrade to headlight washers?
I accept that the bumper washer in the rubber strip is required.
Is it a different washer bottle or can the pump + plumbing be replaced alone?
Do they wash every time the windscreen is washed? If not, how is the logic built in to the system or is it just wiring?

Any wiring diagram?
Wouldn't bother with all the aggro , they are not very good .

·
Registered
30,200 Posts
The Alfa system runs every time you wash the screen when the lights are on, so you rapidly run out of screen wash in the winter.
Bit of a pain really.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
The Alfa system runs every time you wash the screen when the lights are on, so you rapidly run out of screen wash in the winter.
Bit of a pain really.
The ones I used to have on my mini were the first and then every third after that. Plus they had their own bottle so if they ran out you could still was your screen :thumbs:

·
Registered
30,200 Posts
The ones I used to have on my mini were the first and then every third after that.
There is a timing relay in the Alfa system too, but it is still far too often.

On a winter run up the A1 from London to Lincoln, the washer bottle (5.3L) would be empty by half way...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agreed, they use far too much screenwash. they only spray, when the headlights are switched on. I have pulled the fuse on mine, as one of them leaks, so i need it fixed.

Just wanted to see if the winter pack with headlight washers, included xenon headlights

·
Registered
30,200 Posts
Just wanted to see if the winter pack with headlight washers, included xenon headlights
No.
But having HID headlights got you the washers too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts