Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a replacement front sensor as the bit that connects to the chassis has rusted away.

Also do the headlamps adjust for height individually or in tandem? I ask as I've replaced one xenon headlamp unit and it still won't adjust, you can see the light bean start to move but it is as if something is jamming it.

Any insight appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
11,055 Posts
I'm looking for a replacement front sensor as the bit that connects to the chassis has rusted away.
Paul
The link rod OR the (Hinge & )bracket. Sir Tam?

Also do the headlamps adjust for height individually or in tandem? I ask as I've replaced one xenon headlamp unit and it still won't adjust, you can see the light bean start to move but it is as if something is jamming it.
Paul
Jist a guess but individually BUTT in Tandem to the signals from the sensors.

When TIa's NSF bulb went ping. It wiznae the bulb. Twas the LAD5G.
Now the deed bulb went up and doonie but no lighty.

The NEW LAD5G lit the lighty but no up /doonie.
So took to my indy wie the examiner to synchronise it but his examiner no communicate wie the unit so nay further forward.

I treated mysell tay a full bhoona Multiecuscan. It recognises most ECU's but not all in all the cars but miles better than jigging in the dark..lol.

It recognises the OSF wie the original ECU but not the NSF wie the new ecu.

Hope this helps a wee bitty. No an exact science yet.

Bought a few bitties fray china years ago to have a bash at experimenting wie the deed ecu but awe still WIP. (Done nowt So a long work In Progress)
But these wee LAD5G's are complex wee suckers wie loads o silly cone chips etc.

Pomeo

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Pomeo folks were wondering where you got to.

The link rod is missing, any ideas where I can get one?

·
Registered
11,055 Posts
Hey Pomeo folks were wondering where you got to.

The link rod is missing, any ideas where I can get one?
AFAIK these parts are obsolete. Someone on here had this problem a while back and IIRC that was the result.

Mine is tied the gither wie a wee piece aff an auld wire coat hanger. Couldnae fun ony string or the red yoyo LOL.
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...G_4MWdIYWFdpwLpuPlCXCw&bvm=bv.131286987,d.d2s

https://www.www.educationscotland.g...G_4MWdIYWFdpwLpuPlCXCw&bvm=bv.131286987,d.d2s

OR THIS, written by an English Teacher at mah High Skool.

So I searched and fun this

Ball and Socket Joints | Springfix Linkages

Still to measure what size I need and the length of the rod but I am gonna go PLASTIC.

Pomeo

·
Registered
11,055 Posts
AFTERTHOUGHT
IIRC The Mito uses the same headlight levelling sensor as the prefacey 166. SO a possibility that it may use the same linkage but that is highly unlikely.

Pomeo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts