Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys. Got a 58 plate Alfa GT Cloverleaf a week ago, and so far I am absolutely loving it! Just had an Xcarlink fitted and have a couple of querys...

I dont seem to be able to change 'CD' on the headunit? From the research I did selecting disk 1 should give me manual control over the ipod/iphone? Yet if I connect my ipod it automatically selects disk 2 and if I connect my iphone it goes to disk 4, but the buttons on the headunit won't let me change? I am able to skip songs but nothing else. The car has bose and a parrot CK3100 installed - could these be causing a conflict?

T

·
0 Posts
Hi Tom,

Also recently ventured into the world of Alfa - got a 2006 159 Lusso :)

I installed an xcarlink (ipod/iphone) last weekend on blaupunkt 939. You're correct that Disc 1 corresponds to manual control over the ipod/iphone. the remaining discs 2+ correspond to playlists on the device. I haven't tried an ipod on it but my when I plug my iPhone in it just starts playing from where I last left off. If I unplug the iPhone it reverts to CD04 which is the AUX in on the Xcarlink - allowing you to use any mp3 player etc.

Pressing CD cycles through CD/CD Changer/AUX. It will only make a CD available if there's a CD in the headunit. I can't change between playlists using the 1-6 buttons, if I have to use the up/down buttons on the headunit/steering wheel.

Not sure whether the parrot system would cause issue, how does it integrate? i.e does it sit between the car and the headunit or does it plug directly into the phone interface on the headunit?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts