Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this might happen one day but didn't let it worry me too much, I have the ring of death on my Xbox 360 and want to know if anyone else has had the same problem? and what did they do?

H

·
0 Posts
I thought this might happen one day but didn't let it worry me too much, I have the ring of death on my Xbox 360 and want to know if anyone else has had the same problem? and what did they do?
Yep. I Got in touch with Microsoft, who sent out a courier to pick it up the next day and it was returned good as new within the week :thumbs:

J

·
0 Posts
son had it on his, phone microsoft, the collected it and three weeks later he had a new 360

S

·
0 Posts
As the above posters said, phone MS, they pick it up and fix it.

I have a friend had it and MS were a bit late in returning it, so they gave him a few thousand gamer points :)

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
No i dont know where, but out there on interweb world is a
'how to fix it yourself' guide to Red Ring Of Death, i believe
it does involve a trip to Maplins and soldering:confused:

J

·
0 Posts
No i dont know where, but out there on interweb world is a
'how to fix it yourself' guide to Red Ring Of Death, i believe
it does involve a trip to Maplins and soldering:confused:
but why when Microshaft will offer an 3 year warranty on Xboxes.....

they dont tell you that but if you have one of the originals, like my son did, they don't refuse the issue

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
but why when Microshaft will offer an 3 year warranty on Xboxes.....

they dont tell you that but if you have one of the originals, like my son did, they don't refuse the issue
Only a 3yr guarantee on the "Ring of Death" symptom.

J

·
0 Posts
Any one care to explain what ROD is? My eldest boy has an xbox. Many thanks
i beleve it is a terminal fault with the Xbox, bit like the blue screen of death that you can get on a PC....

put simply the Xbox is FUBAR, or a door stop unless it can be replaced, now microsoft were/are extending the warranty for 3 years for RROD issues, i believe this was because in the US there was threat of a class action and that would have been fatal for M/S

you will know if you have it because the lights around the on/off button will glow.....Red and i believe it is a constant ring rather than the moving green that you get when it is first switched on

V

·
0 Posts
i heard about this problem and bought a ps3 aswell but i have heard that the ps3 had a red light of doom problem aswell and sony will charge 150 notes to repair it for you, although ive only heard a couple of people mention this as opposed to loads of xboxers

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
It's a dry joint solder problem, if you know what your doing with a soldering iron, just re-solder the pcb joints.

·
Registered
350 Posts
mine has it now on and off sometimes its ok sometimes its not ups are picking it up and taking it to frankfurt tomorrow:cry:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
i heard about this problem and bought a ps3 aswell but i have heard that the ps3 had a red light of doom problem aswell and sony will charge 150 notes to repair it for you, although ive only heard a couple of people mention this as opposed to loads of xboxers

No such thing on PS3 as redlight of doom though the PS3 is not completely failure free, my blu ray drive died on mine, if you sign up for continuous play it'll cost you £5 to fix as long as you cancel policy once fixed, or £99 if you go through the customer careline.

So PS3 not as good as MS in this respect as they at least fix FOC.

·
Registered
809 Posts
My Bro-in-Law had the RROD on his.

I fixed it for him, no prob's, with kit and guide from interweb.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
My 3rd 360 suffered from this along with the dvd sticking a month or so back, swapped by MS for free now on my 4th 360

As long as they keep swapping them for free I aint defecting to the PS3

1 - 19 of 19 Posts