Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Want to treat my 2006 1.9 diesel to an original oil filter - but nothing is straightforward !

Previous filters I have installed were not from main dealer and I was only offered one type

Local main dealer says there are x2 types and didnt know which mine should have.

Can anyone shed any light on this and how I can tell which one I should have or if indeed they are interchangable ?

Apparently one is mann/hummell with x2 seals - t'other has a plastic "clip" affair to locate it.

I know I could just get the old one off but and replace like for like I dont know if previous owners will have installed correct replacement that I have since been following

Thanks for any information

Matt - brighton

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
The filter with the 2 seals is the most common filter on the 1.9 jtdm, it is a Mann Hu711/4, used on quite a few cars.
Minster autos had them on offer for about £5 delivered last time I looked

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks both for the reply.

Can anyone confirm they are not interchangeable ( more importantly install-able ) in case previous ownership installed the incorrect filter ?

Thanks

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
My one is Mann/Hu for 19jtdm16v.
Second one does not fit to mine definitely. It was told by technician. I do not know reason why.
There exist around 30 different brands for this filter type variable from 2,5 to 10 Euro per piece.
I have used german Kolbenschmidt, pn 50014111, 3,86Euro/pc current.
Oil filter is to be number one stock article for any garage.
What is the problem ???...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts