Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
37,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would ju do?

Ok, following the dining room fiasco I had a brainwave to save having to lift the carpet and drag it to the tip! Flog it!

Typically the first call to buy it is the one I was dreading. Mrs Hughes!!

Mrs Pat says she is elderly, just moved house, has no carpet, is happy to have ours 'so she has something' and is not bothered that there are paint marks on it.

What a surprise, she has no transport, I am sure that when I drag the carpet over there she will have no-one to fit it, and I can bet that when it comes to the old smackeroos she is gonna rummage around in some beat up old purse looking for £20 in shrapnel.

Someone else (possibly 'normal' or 'average') has rung to ask if it is still for sale.

So, charitable (sucker) or hard headed?

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
and out of that £20 the time to take up the carpet, take up the tack edges, underlay, drive it there and fit it :)

I'd not bother :D

·
Registered
37,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You lot are doing this on purpose, aren't you?

I put it the paper so someone would buy it, collect it, and take it away, to save me having to do it! TBH, I could have put it for a quid. But the problem is the first person to ring up is a charity case who cannot collect it, move it, or fit it!

So, do I tell the frail, elderly, carpet less and skint pensioner to jog on, or not?

A

·
0 Posts
Tough call. Do you go for the warm feeling at the expense of giving away your time and graft or not?

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
I would lift it, convey it, fit it - and, while her back is turned as she is counting out 20p's, loot her ornaments and subsequently flog them on fleabay.

·
Registered
37,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kinda good news. She has just rung up (8am) to say her son has turned up with 'a square of carpet' so she does not want ours. Putting aside the question of how he managed to get carpet before 8am I am quite relieved as I won't have to lift/shift/fit a carpet sight unseen.

On the downside I won't be able to nick her ornaments.

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
Kinda good news. She has just rung up (8am) to say her son has turned up with 'a square of carpet' so she does not want ours. Putting aside the question of how he managed to get carpet before 8am I am quite relieved as I won't have to lift/shift/fit a carpet sight unseen.

On the downside I won't be able to nick her ornaments.
why?

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Simple ... it has to be collected ... sod the old bag, sell it to the person who fits the criteria!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts