Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my New Year resolutions was to do this for the kids (they chose the Amur Leopard).

WWF Adopt an Animal | Animal Adoptions from £3.00 a month | Adopt an Animal

You basically 'adopt' with a contribution for at least a year. I think the WWF do a fantastic job protecting endangered species and we hope to adopt more animals in the future.

I would urge other animal lovers to consider doing this :)

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
Deja vu.......at 5am this morning I was watching a programme about Colchester Zoo and they were checking their 2 Amur's for heart murmurs (common in Amurs apparantly) prior to setting up a breeding programme.....:thumbs:
The female was clear but the male has a slight murmur......:(
I think they said only 35 left in the wild.......

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Deja vu.......at 5am this morning I was watching a programme about Colchester Zoo and they were checking their 2 Amur's for heart murmurs (common in Amurs apparantly) prior to setting up a breeding programme.....:thumbs:
The female was clear but the male has a slight murmur......:(
I think they said only 35 left in the wild.......
That's correct Stu. There are only 35 of these magnificent creatures left in the wild :(

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
I would urge other animal lovers to consider doing this :)[/QUOTE]

I'd urge others to look after their own before shelling out hard earned dosh to
pay someone's wages that are probably more than we earn in the 1st place ...

Come on ffs get a grip.. The charity of your choice is lucky to receive 10 - 20% of what
you donate :tut:

'Charity' is big business these days ... And they F****** know it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i give £3 a month to WDCS, have done for about 18yrs, adopted an orca for my daughter when she was 7 and have done it ever since, 90% of the money goes to conservation and research unlike WWF .....we get newsletters and updates on the whale we have adopted and have the option, one day, when we have enough dosh, to go to the orcalab and assist with resarch and go out and see the whales in the wild, where they should be and not "entertaining" the public who think all orcas are called Shamu in tanks and parks that are way to small for them.....leaving them stressed and halving their life spans....

ok im off my soap box now....sorry about that...:)

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
90% of the money goes to conservation and research unlike WWF .....
I know WWF use 70% of the money raised to fund their programmes which is fine by me :) We will get newsletters on 'Tolstyi, El'duga and Narva the Amur Leopards.

I used to donate a fixed amount to WWF years ago.

Going to the orcalab and seeing the whales in the wild sounds amazing :)

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
the leopards are awesum hun and hopefully the conservation programme will be successful....its so sad that beautiful animals are used and abused by the human race, it really upsets me:(

·
Registered
34,381 Posts
My daughter has "sponsored" a leopard and was very diss appointed that there has been no specific news on her leopard with wwf.i was unable to find anything more than general wwf stuff,campaigning etc rather than what they were doing for Tolstoy etc

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
WDCS give you a detailed report and photos of the whale we have adopted, quarterly magaziness and a yearly magazine with loads of info and reports in it, well worth the £3 a month methinx:)

their website is full of info about other projects and campaigns, its well worth a look

·
Registered
20,969 Posts
Am going to be shot for this:eek: ...Does anyone want to adopt a 22 year
old deaf, senile cat because he is next to the vet for a culmination

1 - 20 of 26 Posts