Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:2 months ago my house was burgled (lcd tv, dvd player, laptop, etc stolen).
:(2 weeks ago burgled again (only my laptop this time)
:cry:2 days ago checked my bank account balance and someone had withdrawn R10,000 from my cheque account using a cloned card. How the fook? WTF!!!! What next...

Bloody crime is doing my head in and all just before christmas:mad:

(goes to check if car is still in driveway)

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Seriously bad news fella :(

Let us know if the car is still in the driveway.

Not much consolation but I hope you still have a great Christmas.

They say things like this happen in 3s, so with a little luck you've had your share of bad luck and the barstewards that did this too you will reap their just rewards in due time.

The New Year will bring a better time for you I'm sure :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Parents of a friend of mine got burgaled (spelling) a few years back, insurance paid out they then went and replaced everything they could.
About 3 months after the first one, the same cheeky beggars tried to break in again, unfortunately, for them, the house was full of the sons who used it as a doss house after a night out since the parents were away. The little thieves got what they deserved before the police came.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Parents of a friend of mine got burgaled (spelling) a few years back, insurance paid out they then went and replaced everything they could.
About 3 months after the first one, the same cheeky beggars tried to break in again, unfortunately, for them, the house was full of the sons who used it as a doss house after a night out since the parents were away. The little thieves got what they deserved before the police came.
They're lucky they didn't end up getting done like that poor chap from high wycombe.

Had the same happen to me about a year ago. Didn't have house insurance either. I feel for you fella! Hopefully they'll get caught. Hope ya cars still there too.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Happened to me for the first time this summer also. Burgled-reported it, and was told to be careful because they wait until you've replaced most of the stuff and come back. Needless to say I didn't beleive it.
I didn't beleive it even less though when I came home to surprise the basterwerds into jumping off the balcony two weeks later:eek: I hadn't had time to replace anything (all on order) but there was a heap of things in the middle of the floor that they were obviously planning on taking... Only things irreplaceable are the Tissot watch I was given for my fourteenth (they left the TAG HEUER!!! and a pen. Pity.
Security locks all round now as they never once broke a window or anything.
Hope you get your cloned card sorted out fast and the bank acknowledge your loss.

S

·
0 Posts
I was burgled once. Heard the barsteward coming in the window as I lay not sleeping one hot night.

He went down stairs to unlock the door before coming back up to search the bedroom. I could smell him as he stood at then end of the bed.

By this time I was hyperventilating under the covers trying to pretend I was asleep.

Finding nothing in the bedroom he went downstairs again to raid the living room. Much furious clattering and deep voiced threats from upstairs scared him off. Unfortunately, that was just before he had a chance to nick my broken VCR. :rolleyes:

I used to be scared of being robbed. But the reality is, strangely enough, not as scary as the fear was. I know exactly where he went and what he touched and so I don't feel my space has been defiled.

But if I close my eyes and think about it I can still smell him in my bedroom. Still not scary though. How weird is that. :confused:

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
But if I close my eyes and think about it I can still smell him in my bedroom. Still not scary though. How weird is that. :confused:
You're scaring me :eek:

Could have been so much worse - fortunately not though by the sound of things :thumbs:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts