Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Administrator
87,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spoiler Alert

If you haven't watched qualifying or the races & don't want to know the results best not look at this thread as it will contain spoilers, so don't say you weren't warned :p

Also as there is/will be threads for MotoGP / BSB / Road Racing etc. please only post results or discussions in the appropriate threads so people can read certain threads without seeing spoilers for other classes they may not yet have viewed ;)

=================================

A few useful links for WSB :)

World Superbikes News | Motorcycle Sport | WSB Results | World Supersport | MCN

The Official SBK Website

Roll on the season opener :D

·
Administrator
87,308 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
WSB from Philip Island this weekend :thumbs:
:eek: really??

well done david, would ahve missed that one. was only thinking this week that it will be racing time in the next few weeks. perfect, looking forward to that.
called in at cadwell for a look around this last sunday, got me thinking about the BSB meet in august :cool:

new footbridge across the track should help crossing between races instaed of queing :thumbs:

·
Administrator
87,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know it's early in the year alright but there's a big gap then until round 2 in mid April, what alerted me was news about the 2 day test from Philip Island which finished yesterday, Checa fastest in WSB & Sam Lowes fastest in WSS :thumbs:

K

·
0 Posts
I know it's early in the year alright but there's a big gap then until round 2 in mid April, what alerted me was news about the 2 day test from Philip Island which finished yesterday, Checa fastest in WSB & Sam Lowes fastest in WSS :thumbs:
good news on sam lowes, local lad and all :thumbs:

set the sky+ now, qualifying sat 4am :cool:

·
Administrator
87,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checa on pole in WSB followed by Laverty :Irish: :thumbs:

·
Administrator
87,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A great result for Aprilia in Race 1, Guintoli wins from Laverty & Fabrizio :thumbs:
Checa crashes & takes out Melandri.

·
Administrator
87,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another great result for Aprilia in Race 2, Laverty :Irish: takes the win from Guintoli, Melandri finishes 3rd.

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
Looks like Sylvain's decision not to go with Suzuki was the right choice.......he looks good on the Aprilia, as does Fabrizio.
Hope Carlos is OK, plenty of time to heal before next races....Panigale looks to have the pace to stay with the front runners.
Tom Sykes kept out of trouble, very sensible rides while injured.....

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
Did anyone else hear Jack saying that a rumour was going round the paddock that Silverstone would not be holding a round this year and being replaced by Turkey????

Trying to contact someone at Silverstone for more info but not fully staffed yet.....will post any further news asap......

·
Registered
333 Posts
Dutch commentator Jurgen vd Goorbergh said the same. Would be very sad as Silverstone is a nice venue for this class.

Good showing from Aprilia, Fabrizio really surprised me with the Red Devils Entry. As a Dutchman I'm of course thrilled that Michael vd Mark held on so well in WSS behind Sufu and Lowes. Btw, the bikes from Yaknich (Lowes and Leonov), aren't those the ParkinGO bikes from last year? If so they're three years old and still running so fast :eek:

K

·
0 Posts
yes, heard that too.

just a rumour at the moment i think he said, but no smoke without fire i guess..

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
Dutch commentator Jurgen vd Goorbergh said the same. Would be very sad as Silverstone is a nice venue for this class.
yes, heard that too.

just a rumour at the moment i think he said, but no smoke without fire i guess..
They are still selling tickets for the event......no inside news yet.....

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
Word from Silverstone is that the 2013 event is going ahead, tickets are still selling.......if I hear different I will let you all know asap......

K

·
0 Posts
good news then stu :thumbs:

our rob may well be coming down to the F1 GP this year, his school are doing a weekend trip down there, sat & sun :thumbs:

·
Administrator
87,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Season resumes with WSB from Motorland Aragon this weekend.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Looking good for Chas Davies in the 1st WSB here this Morning, he's the runaway leader at the moment, with just a few laps to go at this Aragon Circuit........:thumbs:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
The Welsh Wizard is certainly having a great second race here today as well, and at the halfway point is once again leading the race. Can he complete a brilliant WSB race double now.........:)

1 - 20 of 148 Posts