Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ALL,
YESTERDAY I DECIDED TO TEST THE 5 BUMB ACCELERATOR METHOD AND SEE WHAT CODES I GET FROM.
I HAVE A VERY POOR FUEL CONSUMPTION. :confused:
I DID IT TWICE, BUT I DIDN´T GET ANY FLASH FROM ANY LED IN THE DASHBOARD.
I DID IT IN LESS THAN 5 SEC. WITH THE KEY IN MARCCIA AND NOTHING.
WHERE IS THE KEY TO DO IT WELL ?
OR IT IS POSSIBLE THAT IN SOME MODELS THIS DOESN´T WORK ?
REGARDS
JORGE

G

·
HI Jorge

I did this method on my V6 but was never really sure and queried it on here. Someone else tried it but it didn't work for them.

There is another method using the accelerator and a test meter. I'l look for the details later.......unless someone can remember :D

wrinx

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
have the same on my 1996 1.8 16v bit frustrating why they changed it maybe its more
reliable doin it the other way?

G

·
"Use of the Flashing Code"

To activate the flashing code you need a test lamp or tester.

Connect one end (or lead) to the key operated supply and the other to pin 8 of the electronic control unit.

Turn the ignition to "marcia" and then press the accelerator 5 times in under 5 seconds.

You should then be able to see a series of flashes. They come in sets of four eg. 1-2-2-4 is lambda.

NOTE. doesnt look like the 2.0 was fitted with the "Alfa Code" to allow the pedal to be used on its own..............but I'm not sure!!!

Hope this helps.

wrinx

G

·
Don't think the flashing code works on the motronicM" of the 16V models. It only works with the more basic systems on the V6 :confused: and possibly 8V eek!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HI ALL
WELL, I SUPPOSED THAT COULDN´T BE SO EASY.
MINE IS A 2.0 16 V. END 1997.
WHAT WRINX DESCRIBES HAS SENSE BUT IT IS NOT EASY TO WORK WITH THE ECU BEHIND THE GLOVEBOX EITHER!
I CHECK UP, COOLANT TEMPERATURE SENSOR AND INTAKE AIR SENSOR AND THEY ARE PERFECT.
NOW I DOUBT ABOUT LAMBDA AGAIN.
THANKS AND REGARDS
JORGE

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I start to wonder if a lot of this testing is worthwile. After all, it nearly always turns out to be the Lambda. As its quite cheap and easy to fit it seems easier to replace the things anyway and then see if this solves the problem. If so then great! If not then you have a spar lambda to do the same swap with next time you get a problem.

Just a thought...

G

·
most fault dianosis stuff will lead to the lambda because its the lambda that smells any trouble you have with the other sensors if the temp sensor goes down the lambda will be running outside of its normal paramiters so it will show up as faulty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts