Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a relatively new Brera S V6 3.2 that has rolled on the off-side.

ALFA ROMEO BRERA S V6 JTS Cat D Salvage Auction

I wonder if it was AWD or the Q2 version Prodrive did. Possibly understeer could have been a factor - but with the Prodrive setup I'm surprised at this.

Interesting also the steering rack broke, but I'm guessing that is on impact. Does anyone know more?

Sad to see.

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Could also be a case of TFF. I'll let you work out the acronym.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Odd how the glove box feel out as well.
Such a shame to see lovely cars in such a state. Imagine the feeling you would have if you did that and it was your car! I would cry.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Odd how the glove box feel out as well.
Such a shame to see lovely cars in such a state. Imagine the feeling you would have if you did that and it was your car! I would cry.
yeah, and you'd probably have a bloody nose too :(

The Brera is the kinda car that gets you going, but it's also v easy to end up in a ditch with it if you don't limit yourself.. the whole issue with modern cars that have some push is that they are kinda safe until the systems and sensors can keep it on track, but once you're past that threshold it's v hard to recover (if not impossible).

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Love the airbag failure message on start up hahah... no **** lol!

·
Registered
54 Posts
hope driver was ok probably well annoyed as half a tank of fuel left in a V6 thats a first. that leather dash is great did any of them get fitted to a 159

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
If it is a Brera 'S' then it will be FWD. They didnt make a brera S with Q4. The Q4 system was too heavy for prodrives diet.....
That's not true. ARUK pulled it on cost basis. Q4 was the original developmental package & Prodrives preferred route.

But hey, what have facts got to do with it:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
i like the red stitching in the black leather... wish my 159 had that along with the AR logo in red

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte
1,764 Posts
My bad! I knew they were all FWD, and read an article somewhere that it was due to weight saving.....
Your right it was for weight saving and handling. I'm sure it cost a lot more to develop a 2wd 3.2 than use the existing 4wd. SR can't get it that a 2wd can handle better than 4wd :)

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts