Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Was exiting my street making a left... limited left visibility due to @##$ parked perpendicular on the corner of the intersection... with no one coming on the right, and apparently no one coming from the left, I inch my nose forward so I can see better... other guy arrives fast from the left, sees me late, steps on the brakes, slides for a good second, and see attached result. :cry:

Maddening but technically, my bad. :cry:

What do you guys think? Left wheel is untouched but the arch in front of it is, and I can't open the hood, for now. Write-off or not?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
In the UK I would say try the insurance co for cash in lieu of repairs, which allows you to keep the car, then mend it with used parts. But in Italy?

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
I think it really depends on what your insurers decide unfortunately Pierre. Like Alfajack says, they'll look at book values, so the damage may not need to be that bad :(

Have you been in touch with them yet?

·
Banned
1,680 Posts
and before anyone says it's "Bowles" I know. It's just that she's SO FULL OF S..........

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
All is not lost it seems, pfew! Just came back from the bodyshop and the frame is in a good shape. Not a write-off then. :)

And the dude is even going to let me shop around for parts myself, so I can find what I need at local breakers and save him time, and save myself money. Very nice of him. :cool:

·
Banned
1,680 Posts
good stuff !! well done that man ! :D

another one saved !!!

Over here an insurance co probably WOULD have written it off as cars like ours are considered worthless. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's what I was thinking, it's a skinny. Plus, local pickup only. Worth a look tho, thanks again Wrinx.

Since I also need a hood and a bumper, I wonder if it might be cheaper for me to just find another 96-97 white 155? ;)

W

·
0 Posts
Sorry, I thought yours was a skinny :rolleyes: We didn't get white widebodys over here.

wrinx

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Going to the breakers tomorrow. I wish I could find a front bumper with fog lights, that would be an upgrade. :)

Also an interesting remark. I'd seen that the undertray and left engine guard were missing from my car. As soon as my bodyshop guy saw the dent in the bonnet and how thick the paint was, he went "Was that car in an accident before?". Well, now that he mentioned it, I guess it was... Wonders never cease. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts