Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife is buzzing about at the moment looking at GT's. She saw one that has been "wrapped". It is a concept that I do not understand at all. I understand wrapping something as a gift, but wrapping a car? and it looks like it's paintwork. Can anyone explain how wrapping is done and what is it for? to hide rough paintork? I just don't get it.:confused:
Having looked, I kind of get the concept, but can you unwrap it once done?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Nothing really to get tbh, so don't worry. It is literally a wrap or a skin. Like a very strong durable vinyl of sorts in a variety of colours. This is placed on your car, then cut to shape and stuck to your car. bit like a window tint wrap or something. Also the process is totally reversible. Not sure of costs, but significantly cheaper than paint job.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Seen a few examples and not impressed really with the end result!

Made me think about the 'suede' finish for your motor which came in about the same time as when Finnegans really was a Hammerite finish, with a fire proof thinner?

Yes I did by request re-spray a FIAT 600 in Dark Blue genuine(the original Hammerite) and the result was pretty fair with the truly effective non-stick factor that worked? ;) :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I am tempted to get my GTV wrapped as the paint is horrific. Presumably though the paint underneath would have to be fairly flat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts