Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone..... so i have been an Alfa GT owner for all of 24 hours and have already got damn gremlins!!!
I was driving along last night and noticed that an air bag light on the dash had come on.... being new to this i need to know if this is common and if so what can i do??? ( i feel ever so slightly deflated as this poxy light has ruined an otherwise really happy day )

P.S its a 54 Alfa GT JTD I'm in the Kent area

Please Help if you can

Many thanks in advance

Dan

D

·
0 Posts
More than likely just to be a sensor mate, take it in to your local Alfa indy who'll sort it out for you for next to nothing, not a big issue with any luck, but get it looked at sooner rather than later, :thumbs:

These electrical gremlins will often pop their ugly heads up on you, :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
If it's anything like the 147 look under your drivers seat. There is a yellow connector. Disconnect then firmly reconnect. It's usually triggered by adjusting the seat height.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
looking at your Avatar it looks like the suspenstion on the driver side is broken, the car is leaning over to that side :eek:

re:airbag, the connection under the passengers seat is the most likely cause BUT to be certain you need to get diagnostic performed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi ya all thanks for all your help...... i'll check it out tomorrow!!!! Suspenstion is fine on the car that picture was taken at the guys house who i got it off, it has to be one of the s**test drives ever ( soooooo steep ) anyway i suppose the next question is any one know any Alfa repairers in the south east or do i just go to a dealer????

Thanks a million peeps

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
happy driving with your new alfa :) Dont worry about the airbag light, your new car just confirmed that the airbag light and the diagnostic system is working really well ;) Usually its just a bad contact at the yellow connector, no reason to let it spoil the magic of the first days :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts