Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very standard 100k miles Cup in good condition, still on original clutch etc. I am seriously thinking about getting Autolusso to put in a Quaife plus new clutch and single mass flywheel. I appreciate these are good modifications from a trusted supplier and would have no hesitation in putting them in a standard 3lt, but when it comes to the Cup I am just wondering, will it detract and impact re-sale value. What do people think?

·
Read Only
4,556 Posts
I can't imagine that anyone would object to a quaife in there - you can't tell by inspection, and can only feel it when driving hard - and it then makes a big difference. You can keep the old diff in a box so that some future owner could re-fit it if they were obsessive.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I agree. Debatable if you need a LSD in a road car tho. If it ain't broke etc.
The V6 needs the LSD in my opinion. I've got top quality newish tyres and I feel mine working several times each day in the wet and not just when I'm pressing on either - the traction accelerating out of corners would be comical without it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, the possibility of my diff going bang has been on my mind. I guess the Quaife is a no-brainer value add "modification", perhaps I am more worried about the lighter flywheel. Anyway think I will go for the package.

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
Thanks, the possibility of my diff going bang has been on my mind. I guess the Quaife is a no-brainer value add "modification", perhaps I am more worried about the lighter flywheel. Anyway think I will go for the package.
Why would you be worried about a lighter flywheel??

GTA clutch and flywheel, Quaife diff are an absolute must have on any V6 GTV

Ned

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Ned,

Not a technical one for sure, just one about how others will feel about this "modification" to a limited edition car. As you know some of the value is driven by collectors who obsess about originality; now while the Quaife is better and protects against a known issue, the flywheel change is perhaps more optional and more likely to change how the car feels to drive. So that was why I was thinking and asking, in my own mind I have decided, but wanted the "look before I leap" and at the end of the day it is my car for me to drive :)

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
Hi Ned,

Not a technical one for sure, just one about how others will feel about this "modification" to a limited edition car. As you know some of the value is driven by collectors who obsess about originality; now while the Quaife is better and protects against a known issue, the flywheel change is perhaps more optional and more likely to change how the car feels to drive. So that was why I was thinking and asking, in my own mind I have decided, but wanted the "look before I leap" and at the end of the day it is my car for me to drive :)
I don't think it can be looked at negatively, it's not like you are doing something like sticking a big chavy body kit and tinting the windows

Ned

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Mods like that won't affect the value of your car. Things like provenance, condition and mileage will. It will make the car handle better and I can't see any collector nailing you over a diff? If you got a bit too active with paint and chrome in the engine bay and changed the seats then you'd have a problem...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Why would you be worried about a lighter flywheel??

GTA clutch and flywheel, Quaife diff are an absolute must have on any V6 GTV

Ned
I bought my first GTV V6 2 weeks ago and I was thinking about a quaife modification. What would be the estimated cost to fit on its own and then in combination with GTA clutch and flywheel?

thanks! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts