Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lambo style doors that you can get for the GT are something that I have recently started to think are a pretty good idea. The doors on the GT are quite big and it can be a struggle to sometimes get out of the car whilst holding the door to make sure it does not bounce out into the car next to me ( and the spaces where I work are pretty big)...but....they are a bit....well.....sad looking:rolleyes:

When closed the car looks completely standard so I like that aspect as it does not make the car look chavved up...but it's the whole process of being seen as a bit of an idiot when opening the doors that worries me:(

I can get the kit very cheaply through where my Wife works and it does sound like it is very, very well made...but I am just not sure if the image is worth it?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Must admit, it's a difficult one.

For practicality it would be handy, I'm always squeezing in and out of my car when parked next to someone. And I'm slim!

But could you handle the image? It's still far from a lambo sadly..

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would easily put on the lambo doors if they didn't cost so much, so if you can get a decent discount go for it . As for your image how many people will actually see the car with the doors open?

·
Registered
460 Posts
mmmmmmh... they actually look quite nice. But not sure how I'd feel rocking up to work and sliding the doors up... Totally buy the convenience though. I jumped into one with the Novitec lambo doors, and openng and closing was so much easier.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Actually I would :eek:

And me. When I first saw the doors on the Novitec car I thought it was great. If I could get them cheap I would probably do it anyway, and see what they were like to live with. For sure it's make parking in a garage easier. But there are the obvious concearns of looking like a chav.

Tell you what, you buy them cheap, and if you don't like them, sell them on to me. If I don't like them I can sell them on, and it becomes a whole big circle of help!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mmmmmmh... they actually look quite nice. But not sure how I'd feel rocking up to work and sliding the doors up... Totally buy the convenience though. I jumped into one with the Novitec lambo doors, and openng and closing was so much easier.

I was going to ask if anyone had any experience of using them. Did they look and feel good to use? I have been reading up on them and it seems everyone agrees that they feel very 'factory fit' and not like a cheap aftermarket item in any way, but obvisouly I would prefer to hear the views of someone on here who has used ( or even fitted? ) them:)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And me. When I first saw the doors on the Novitec car I thought it was great. If I could get them cheap I would probably do it anyway, and see what they were like to live with. For sure it's make parking in a garage easier. But there are the obvious concearns of looking like a chav.

Tell you what, you buy them cheap, and if you don't like them, sell them on to me. If I don't like them I can sell them on, and it becomes a whole big circle of help!
:lol: Sounds like a plan:lol:

·
Registered
890 Posts
I tried the doors on the L&M Novitec dressed car that was at Auto Italia (Gaydon) 2005, and they did feel very solid, and as you say, factory fit.
I can feel this gaining momentum....

Odd though that even the Gallardo doen't have 'lambo' doors!

Attachments

·
Registered
890 Posts
And one more. I showed this picture to a very pretty girl, and she said that the doors were awesome!

Attachments

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'm getting a bit pshyc'd for this and I don't even have my GT yet!

Onus is on you Jason, get them ordered in the morning.
Your GT isn't orange by any chance? would look :cool:

·
Registered
507 Posts
no i think that i woud have the doors from the Koineggsegggggedsgsg Diheadral somthings with something something

sure look cool though

dare i say it better than the lambo doors

·
Registered
890 Posts
Right, Jason, have we got a commitment?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Is there a kit for the Murano BiggieF?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
This one has to lose the wheels though.:rolleyes:
I still don't know about fitting the lambo doors to the GT.The styling of the Alfa is so sweet and subtle...You would look like a bit of a poser getting out of the car via the lambo doors.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I'm against it at first but after looking at the pictures I think they look pretty cool. If they're practical and you like them I wouldn't worry to much about what other people think about it.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts